The Answer (Oscar x Oona)

(Oscar x Oona)

It had been another busy day in the lab, and Oona was running left and right. Not only had she just joined the squad recently, but Oscar was making her in charge of the returned gadgets. None of these tasks were too difficult, but she was still learning how to properly work there. All she had ever known was the studying and tests at the academy, not actually being out on the field. She sighed as she leaned her arm against a counter, wincing at how she had to store a bunch of gadgets in the sides of her socks, which made her ankles and feet ache. 

"I think she's really working out," Oscar beamed to another agent, for the umpteenth time that day. 

"Thanks, boss," Oona breathed, letting him know that she heard him. 

He smiled lightly at her, before tugging on his lab coat awkwardly. Ever since Oona had met the talented scientist, she had had a massive crush on him, and she hoped that he might return the feelings. After all, he was always bragging about how good of a job she was doing, but time was running out. She was aware that he might not be at the squad for forever, especially when she learned that he had already been working at that Odd Squad for years. 

"Another successful day. Thanks, Oona," Oscar spoke, still smiling widely. 

"No problem, boss," Oona replied, relieved that the day shift would be over soon. 

"So, can I take these gadgets out of my shoes now," she wondered, pulling up her pant leg slightly. 

"Yeah, I usually just put them in this box at the end of the day," Oscar informed her, holding up a big, cardboard box. 

He already filled it up halfway with the gadgets he had stowed away in his socks, and even lab coat. Oona though she even caught a glimpse of a collection of bronzed shoes in his coat, but she decided not to mention it. Oona reached down to remove the first gadget, but she jumped a little, when she accidentally set it off instead. She figured after there wasn't a loud bang, or noticeable change in the room, that she was in the clear. She continued storing the gadgets in the big, cardboard box, when Oscar walked up to stand beside her again. 

"Oona looks so pretty today... Who am I kidding? She looks pretty every day! Get a hold of yourself, Oscar, she's looking your way," Oona heard in his voice. 

"What," she asked, looking up at him in complete confusion. 

"I didn't say anything," Oscar hesitantly claimed. 

Oona simply shrugged it off, but when she turned around, she heard him speaking again, "Why does she have to have such pretty hair? It looks so soft... but I guess I'll never know if it actually is, and those brown eyes... Heh, they're much better than mine." 

All of the words he was expressing was a dream come true, but Oona felt that it was too odd that he would be phrasing them that way, as though he was talking to himself? Her eyes widened, before she composed herself when she turned around. 

"Oscar... What does this gadget number do," she questioned, digging around to hold up the one that had gone off earlier. 

"Oh, that's the Reading Minds-inator. It comes in handy when you're tracking down a villain," Oscar explained. 

It then dawned on Oona that she had been hearing all of Oscar's private thoughts, but wait, if she was, then that meant... he secretly liked her too! 

She couldn't help but smile like mad, Oscar reluctantly checking, "Oona, are you alright?" 

"Yes! I'm great, boss," she nearly shouted, but with immense happiness.