Lifeline (Otis x Olympia)

TRIGGER WARNING: ANXIETY

(Otis x Olympia)

People knew that Otis had a mysterious past, and they were aware that he was quiet, and also shy at times. There was one quality though he tried to hide from everyone, and in his mind the entire world knew about it.

He gripped his hands tighter together, as Olympia helped out at the case they had just been called to solve. Even though he seemed fine, before running through the tubes he wiped his palms on his jeans. His hands had been sweating again, but he just couldn't help it! He was surprised Olympia had never noticed this permanent habit of his.

Soon the day had ended and he walked home all alone, opening the doorknob to reveal an empty house. Even though no one would be able to detect a problem in it, there was also no one inside, as he walked upstairs to a bedroom. Otis sat on his bed as he gazed around, the static of silence getting to him.

"Help me, it's like the walls are caving in

Sometimes I feel like giving up

But I just can't

It isn't in my blood"

Otis made his way to the bathroom as his heart rate sped up, and then came the palpitations in his chest. He lied his back directly down on the cold, hard, white tile, staring up at the ceiling as the whole world seemed to spin around him, not with him in it.

"Laying on the bathroom floor, feeling nothing

I'm overwhelmed and insecure, give me something

I could take to ease my mind slowly

Keep telling me that it gets better

Does it ever?

Help me, it's like the walls are caving in

Sometimes I feel like giving up

No medicine is strong enough

Someone help me

I'm crawling in my skin"

Otis finally stood up once his steady breaths calmed him down, yet the odd patterns of his heart seemed to keep popping up, just like they always did.

"Sometimes I feel like giving up

But I just can't

It isn't in my blood"

The following day Otis could feel his leg jiggling, as he scrolled through ringtone options in his badge phone in the break room, vaguely hearing his fellow agents around him. Olympia and him had no more cases for the duration of the day, and he knew it was only a matter of time before he had to go home, and the pain would intensify all over again.

"I'm looking through my phone again, feeling anxious

Afraid to be alone again, I hate this

I'm trying to find a way to chill, can't breathe, oh

Is there somebody who could

Help me, it's like the walls are caving in"

"Hey Otis." His partner was positively beaming with her classic, wide smile.