Let's Go (Olive x Oscar)

(Olive x Oscar)

Even though an outsider might assume that Olive was annoyed with Oscar, the day of the rise of the hydraclops, they would only be partly right.

It was true that it was getting on her nerves, that he made it so complicated to find the secret weapon, but there was also fondness in her voice as for the umpteenth time he said, "Oh yeah, and just..."

"Hand over the world to the hydraclops. We get it. We get it..." Olive's slight smile wasn't noticed much in that moment, but it was very significant. Oscar had just gotten finished telling them again why he had made the plans so complex.

Soon the difficult mission was over, and Olive was passing the lab at headquarters.

"Hey Olive." Oscar was awkwardly tugging on his lab coat, as he grinned just as awkwardly at her.

"Hey Oscar," she greeted, careening to the place he was at.

"Heh, you said that we didn't have time to talk about my bronzed shoe collection earlier, but I can show it to you now." He was just opening his long, white lab coat, when Olive interrupted him.

"You seriously remembered that," she wondered.

Oscar looked at her uncertainly, as he confessed, "Well, yeah. You said, you'd like to talk about how weird that was, but we didn't have time. You know, the rise of the hydraclops...!"

"Okay, I get it," she cut in, causing the scientist to smile slightly.

"Anyway..." He revealed the smaller shoes, that were hanging on the inside of one of the sides of his lab coat. "This was from when I was one. Oh! I almost forgot to start from zero!"

Olive couldn't keep herself from thinking, This might take awhile...

Once Oscar had finished explaining (20 minutes later), Olive pretended that she hadn't been almost falling asleep.

"Thanks, Oscar." She turned to leave, but his voiced sounded from behind her.

"Wait! Do you want to see the ribbons from all the jobs I had at Odd Squad?" He had re-opened both sides of his lab coat that time, and now there were magically rows of ribbons on each side.

"As much as I'd like to talk about that..."

"You don't have time." Oscar had suddenly finished her sentence for her, surprising her a bit. His tone then changed as he appeared sort of sad. "Why is it you never want to hang around me? We never hang out outside of work..."

"Are we supposed to," Olive asked.

"You hang out with Otto after work, right?" Olive didn't answer, since she couldn't deny that. "Then why is it you don't want to hang out with me?"

Olive sighed before walking over to the counter he was behind. "Because...," she started, still not lifting her gaze.

"Because why?" Oscar was curious on what she was trying to tell him.

Olive held her hands up in surrender as she suddenly shot out, "Because I like you, alright?!"

"You like me," Oscar slowly questioned, not sure he heard her right.

"Yes! I like you, Oscar. Now, I have to go." She then hurried out of there, leaving Oscar shocked and confused.

Oscar couldn't help it as he kept reminiscing about that fateful day.

"Olive's going to love this pie. It's her favorite. I made it with extra whipped cream. Now, where did I put those cherries... Ah! There they are. Bingo!" He had spent that whole morning creating a dessert that Olive would love.