Who Is Agent Otis? (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

Otis had pushed the facts to the back of his mind, the suspicion of the X's thinking he caused odd activity in the squad. He had become an expert at burying these tidbits of information, but he never dreamed they would be dug up and flung onto the surface, and not gracefully either, but with dirt flying and people getting hurt. He never meant to hurt her.

He was walking with Olympia towards the tubes when a familiar duo entered the room.

"Get him," shouted Xena.

"What," exclaimed Olympia, witnessing Owen and Ohio grasping Otis's arms on either side.

"We're firing Agent Otis. His badge," Xena ordered, Owen handing over the object with a jackolope on the front.

"No... Stop!" Olympia's eyes were filled with terror as Xena snapped the item in half. It was as though it was flimsy and worth nothing.

"This agent is guilty of villainous activity," Xavier stated in a mono-tone.

"That can't be true! Otis?!" She turned to her partner, but his head was hung in shame. "Otis?" Her voice had grown softer as the brokenness settled in.

"I'm sorry, partner, but let me explain. It's not that simple," Otis pleaded.

Olympia shook her head as her depressed tone rang out, "I don't know what to think anymore..."

She started trudging away, Otis getting dragged closer to his exit. "Partner? Partner!"

The sound echoed around as darkness enveloped the scene, and Otis woke with a start. It was just a bad dream, and his alarm clock was dinging dully. He would have to get that fixed.

He turned off the device, before laying in his bed just a little longer. What if Olympia did find out?

"Otis! I need to talk to you," Olympia claimed after he had arrived at headquarters.

"Sure. What is it?" He knitted his eyebrows together as he gave her his signature, serious expression.

"I just heard the craziest rumor. It's that you were once a villain, and maybe still are... But it was the X's who said it, so I doubt it's true..."

Otis looked at the ground, unable to mask the obvious facts.

"Otis," Olympia asked, noticing his strange demeanor.

He looked up at her worriedly as he said, "I admit it's all true... But I've changed, I mean not entirely..."

"What do you mean by not entirely?" Olympia squinted her eyes in puzzlement, as the gears spun in her brain.

"I tried to change, but I might have done a few villainous things since then..."

"Otis! How could you," she exclaimed.

"Hey, it was hard giving it up, but I wanted to be a better person. You have to believe me, partner."

His sea of blue pierced through her skepticism, which caused her to sigh in defeat. "Fine, I believe you. Let's find somewhere more private to talk..."

Otis nodded once before they were venturing through the hall of doors.

"Well, well, if it isn't the the person we've been looking for," taunted Xena as she crossed her arms.

"This agent has created an odd bomb," Xavier cut in.

"Which we stopped," Xena added.

"Otis?! No longer a villain? How could you do something like this," shouted Olympia in exasperation, her mouth hanging open.