There's Nothing Holding Me Back (Todd x Oona)

(Todd x Oona)

"I wanna follow where he goes

I think about him and he knows it

I wanna let him take control

'Cause everytime that he gets close, yeah

He pulls me in enough to keep me guessing

And maybe I should stop and start confessing

Confessing, yeah"

"Ready," Oona wondered.

They were deep within the junk yard where no one would ever be able to find them.

"Ready," a familiar voice responded, the voice of a past villain.

*2 weeks earlier*

Oona was helping out at a local garden, which she loved. The only problem was that she kept getting a green thumb, and she didn't want to have to call Otis and Olympia to fix the problem each time. When she wasn't at work, she didn't carry a single gadget on her, but she was starting to rethink her decision. It was near the end of the day, and Olympia's best friend, Amanda, also a volunteer, had been the last one to leave the place. Oona was now all alone, putting the finishing touches on the signs she just made for the area of carrots. She thought she heard a rustling in the trees, but that was nothing new. A strong breeze had been around all day. After she completed the sign, she detected a strange sound again, and when she whipped around, she came face to face with someone that she never dreamed of seeing.

"Hello... Oona, isn't it," asked none other than Todd. He was wearing his signature, gardening outfit, which consisted of white overalls and a green and white plaid shirt underneath. Oona was sporting a pair of light washed blue jeans, except the top half was just like her work clothes, a nice, white button up shirt, green bowtie, and of course, the long, white, lab coat.

"Yes...," she reluctantly answered.

"I noticed you have a green thumb," he observed.

She tried to hide her hand as soon as he said that.

"I have one too!" His cackle almost made her wonder if he really had turned over a new leaf. ( (; )

Sure enough when he held up his thumb it was a vibrant green, identical to Oona's.

"So, do you want to have it fixed...," she guessed.

"Fixed? No. Fixed. No. Fixed? No no... NO!" He got right up in her face, scaring her a bit. "Well, yes, sort of, I want to see the gadget you use to fix it. I haven't seen one in so long..."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Oona was losing any trust she had ever had for him.

"Of course I'm sure! I'm Gardener Todd! Not Odd Todd! But even a gardener can have an interest in gadgets."

She reluctantly nodded her head. "Okay, then. I guess I'm doing this now." She held onto her lab coat before sneaking him back to Odd Squad headquarters.

Thankfully the night shift was arriving, and they were always so out of it, that they wouldn't notice Todd being there. Besides, everyone believed he turned good anyway.

"Here it is... the Green Thumb-Inator," Oona proudly announced, pulling out the device from behind her counter. She then zapped her thumb back to normal, letting out a sigh of relief.