Chapter 26: Entering the Snake Pit

Snape, Harry and Nagini apparated to the front steps of the same ornate mansion Harry had been brought to almost three months ago, where he officially met Nagini and discovered that she was his soul mate.

Harry's hand seemed to move on its own as it began rubbing circles under Nagini's chin, trying to calm the nerves of both mates. Harry looked down at Nagini, who met his glance with a look of pure love. Their lips met, Harry's hand pulled her chin closer to him, deepening the closed-mouth kiss.

Snape waited a few beats before politely clearing his throat, pulling the attention of the couple to him. "Are we ready?"

"Ready as we'll ever be."

"Good. Now Nagini, I think you should get off Harry so that I can restrain him, it will look more authentic that way."

Nagini agreed, pressing a kiss on his forehead before crawling off him and onto the stone steps. Snape sent a wordless spell as he pointed his wand at Harry, wrapping him in magic rope.

"I can feel via magical signatures surrounding the mansion that He has called for an 'inner circle' meeting, so we need to figure out how to lessen the numbers of people who could attack if things go wrong." Snape whispered.

~Let me handle it. You both need to go along with my actions OK? And Harry, remember, I love you no matter what, you understand?~

"Of course, but what have you planned?"

~I can't tell you. Just remember what I told you. And Severus, be vigilant, don't roam too far, OK?~

"Yes Ma'am."

~Good, now lets go. Display him like a hunter.~ Nagini looked up at Snape.  And with a nod of reply, she signaled for Snape to open the door.

----

The trio reached the closed doorway of the meeting room, with its long wooden table and stone chair. Harry, still able to walk but restrained from shoulder to knee, looked down at Nagini with fear in his eyes. She met his gaze and took a deep breath, silently willing him to do the same. He did and closed his eyes. 'Ok Harry,' he said to himself, 'Here's your chance. Do it for Nagini. Do it for yourself, do it for the Wizarding World.'

Harry opened his eyes, summoning all the Gryffindor courage he could muster. He looked down at Nagini, grinning when he saw pride dancing in her hazel eyes.

Snape opened the door and shoved Harry through, Nagini remaining hidden in the hall.

"Severus! What took you so long! I've been summoning you for an hour!" A belted shout came from the stone throne. The chair was pushed away from the table soundlessly, as Harry fought back deja vu.

"Please forgive me, My Lord." Snape fell to a knee, bowing toward the pale presence nearing them. "I was present when I heard the news I assume you are now aware of and took it upon myself to bring you the object of your distain."

"I see that. And though I am pleased with your forward thinking, that still doesn't make up for your tardiness. Crucio!"

Snape fell to the floor, withering in pain for a good minute or two before Voldemort ended the spell. Harry tried to keep his face blank, trying not to show compassion for his professor who he now was starting to grow respect for.

Voldemort watched as Snape struggled to his feet before he brought his attention to Harry. "Ah, Harry Potter. We meet again. How...disappointed I was that you cut your visit so short last time." He raised his wand and practically buried the tip into the side of Harry's cheek. "And you dared to steal my familiar as you escaped! Maybe I should just skip the torture and kill you now!"