Chapter 28: Transformed

Bright light assaulted Harry's eyes when he came to, and he was greeted with a face full of stark white bedsheets. Grunting with sleepiness, Harry turned his head and went to brush the sheet away from his face, but he couldn't get his arms to move. No matter how hard he tried, they wouldn't budge.

What was going on? Why wouldn't his arms move?

Harry sat up in confusion, his brain was a bit foggy and sluggish feeling. He found himself lifting off the bed in a fluid motion and he was surprised how light he felt. 

One of the first things he noticed was the change in proportion he felt between himself and his surroundings. He felt short. The bed looked huge to him, more like a queen size bed than the twin size he remembered falling asleep in. The ceiling looked so far away, like they were suddenly vaulted. Who would change the hospital wing so much, and how did he not notice? Surely the renovations would of woke him up.

Wait, the hospital wing.

That's right, he was in the hospital wing.

With Nagini.

~Nagini?~ he looked beside him to see her sleeping. Her breath rose and fell with little resistance. The color was back in her scales and skin and she was curled toward him, looking content. But what surprised him is that she look...huge. Like, not in a mean way, but like, she seemed as if she was the same size as him.

Or maybe he was the same size as her.

Memories from the night before started flooding his mind. He remembered being told that Nagini was well enough to be taken out of the coma, but she wasn't strong enough to begin the process of turning back into a human.

Then he remembered the conversations he had with Snape and Dumbledore.

And what he asked them to do.

Harry froze, took a deep breath and swallowed the lump forming in his throat before he allowed himself to look down at his body.

He realized why he couldn't get his arms to work earlier. He had no arms. Or legs. He had coils, almost as much as Nagini had. But instead of green scales, he had brown.  But not just brown. His eyes widened when he saw that his scales were laid in a pattern of diamonds that were lined in black, blue and yellow stipes that created an intricate design that Harry could easily see being used to camouflage in the dark leaves of the Forbidden Forest floor. 

Harry couldn't see for himself, but he still had his mother's stunning green eyes and had blue scales skirting around his unblinking eyes

Harry couldn't see for himself, but he still had his mother's stunning green eyes and had blue scales skirting around his unblinking eyes. Dark brown ones lined his mouth and snout.

Harry looked down at his body and moved what would have been his legs, but was fascinated when his tail unraveled and stretched out towards the foot of the bed. It was a bit of an odd feeling, not having limbs, but he was sure Nagini would teach him how to navigate his new body.

Speaking of Nagini, Harry brought his attention back to his mate, who still appeared to be sleeping beside him. He studied her face as a feeling of nervousness filled his belly. Would she be angry at him for making this decision without her? Would she like his new form?

Harry scooted forward and nuzzled his nose against hers, noting the odd feeling of his scales catching on hers.

~Ha-Harry?~

~Its me, I'm here.~

Harry watched as alertness flashed over Nagini's hazel eyes, turning into confusion as she studied his face.

~Harry? Are you a...snake?~

~Yes, Nagini. But please don't be mad at me. Let me explain.~

~Please do.~

~You were very injured after Voldemort casted a long Crucio on you.  Snape and I brought you back here and you had to be placed in a magical induced coma. You were unconscious for three days before you were healthy enough to awake yourself. But Snape said you won't he able to handle the transformation potion for another year. So I asked Dumbledore to turn me into a snake so I could be with you until your healthy enough, then we will both transform together.~

Nagini took in all this new information in stride, keeping silent for a few minutes.

~I can't believe you're a snake, Harry.~

~I know and I'm sorry I didn't discuss it with you before I did, but I knew I couldn't stand another year with us not being the same species. Please don't be mad at me.~

~I'm...~ she thought for a minute, looking deep in his eyes, ~I'm not mad.~

~You're not?~

~No, I'm...floored. I can't believe you would do something like that for me.~

~I would do anything for you, Nagini. I love you so much.~

~I love you too Harry.~ Nagini wiggled forward and nuzzled his head with hers, placing soft kisses across the scales behind his eyes and mouth.

Harry would have closed his eyes in content if he could, and found it not scary at all that he couldn't. He was too busy trying to hold in his moans, for this was a surprising act of intimacy.

He felt Nagini chuckling against his neck as she pulled back and traced her gaze up and down his body. ~Oh Harry, you are so...~

Harry felt himself holding his breath as he waited for her go continue. Was he hideous? average looking? He had no clue what made a snake attractive to another snake.

~Marvelous.~

Harry paused, looking at Nagini with confusion. ~Marvelous?~

~Yes, Harry. Merlin... I knew you were a good looking kid, but you are...one beautiful python.~

~Really?~

~Really.~

Harry watched with fascination as Nagini took in the color of his scales, the pure muscle making up the coils of his body that began to mingle with hers, then to his eyes, the deep emerald green that stared into her amber ones.

Harry felt the pull bring his mouth closer to hers, but was interrupted by the squeaking of the hospital curtain being pulled open.

"Ah, you're both awake!" Came the familiar voice of Dumbledore. "Glad to see your transformation was a success, Harry."

~Thanks Professor.~ Harry answered, but became confused as he saw the same look of confusion on the face of the Headmaster. Was there something wrong?

~Uh, Harry.~ He saw Nagini trying to hold back a giggle. ~He can't understand you. You can only speak Parceltongue now.~

~Oh...Damn.~