Prologue

Shinju's P.O.V

Clang! Clash! Fwoosh! Boom! Bite! Slash!

Two missions down from the three daily missions Tsunade gave me. I huffed in exhaustion, not lowering my guard. White Fang came to me, still catching his breath. " Is that the last one?" My wolf struggled to speak.

"No, we still have one more to go."

"You know it has been a while since you set foot in Konoha. You sure you don't want to go back? It's been two years. You've promised Lord Fifth and Kakashi that you would be back soon, according to your last hawk message."

"I'm not ready yet. Come on, we have to go to." I opened the last daily mission. Just what I needed, a criminal who used to reside in the Land of Waves.

"White Fang, we are going to the Land of Waves." I stated.

"Weren't all of the criminals wiped out, two years ago?" The wolf looked at me.

"Yes, but it seems the Land of waves has grown weaker, these past months." We passed tree by tree smelling the scent of wood.

We arrived at the Land of the Waves. I changed back into my civilian clothes. I was wearing ANBU pants, a crop top with my sword on my back, and I still had my mask on. Tazuna was guarding the bridge with his sake. Old drunkard. He looked at me and blushed. Pervert.

"H-hello pretty lady. What can I do for you?" Tazuna changed his posture.

"Old drunkard, you'll never change, now will you?" I quirked a brow.

"Do I know you?" The bridge builder asked taken aback.

"I escorted you to the unfinished bridge three years ago." I said monotonously.

"S-Shinju?!" He stuttered.

"Yes, it's me." I sighed.

"Your hair changed." Tazuna stated.

"Yeah, it's lighter now." And not very useful, I can be easily repaired because of this stupid whit-grey hair... I added in my head. "Long story, I've come here to notify a criminal is hiding in your village. Am I correct?"

"Aye, just in time, our food supplies are cutting short, kids are coming back injured, and women are disappearing every night." Tazuna sighed. "It's just like before."

"No time to waste then, lead me to him, and I'll kill him." His eyes widened.

"Shinju, behind you..." He recoiled.

"What?" I quirked my brow.

"It's-it's a wolf..." Tazuna stuttered.

"Oh, White Fang? He's no harm, don't worry. Now lead me to where the last victim was kidnapped or hurt." I said.

We headed to the village, and it looked more miserable than my last visit. Women were weeping, men were comforting their children. "It's his doing. Isn't it?" Tazuna nodded his head. Tsunami was comforting the kids, she looked up and recognized me, Inari as well.

"S-Shinju?" Tsunami recognized me.

"It's me Tsunami." She ran and hugged me tightly. "It's been so long! How are you, where is your team?"

"They are back in Konoha." I looked away. Tsunami realized how uncomfortable I was when I spoke about Konoha, and changed the subject.

"You've changed! Oh, my! What is your work-out program?" Tsunami inspected my physic.