Mom!

Shinju's P.O.V

"Mom!" She giggled. "Well, you recognized me easily!" I couldn't say anything. I ran up to her, as she spread her arms welcoming me.

"I've missed you so much!" I sobbed on her shoulder, letting everything out. She embraced me tightly. "So, have I. It's been so long." She stroked my hair. I let go, analyzing her features. I smiled, even though she couldn't see through my mask. She sighed.

"It looks like you picked up your Dad's habits, apart from his orange books." I shivered in disgust. "Dad is..." I couldn't continue.

"I know." She said solemnly.

"Then, where is he?" I looked around.

"He's discussing with your Grandfather. They have a few things to patch up." She smiled at me. Silence fell as I heard the chakra twinkling. "What was the thing growing on my back? Did I inherit your powers?"

"Ah. That. I knew this power would unleash itself soon. You see, it awoke just now, because of the rage you were feeling. When I was pregnant with you, I put some chakra in you just in case. Whenever this power would unleash itself I would be summoned, even from the dead."

"Could you explain?" She nodded.

"The power you just unleashed was called the Kagune. You see, my family comes from a long descendant of Ghouls."

"Ghouls?" I asked in confusion.

She looked up. "Ghouls were people who ate humans in order to survive. However, a man changed everything and ordered Ghouls to breed with humans. Eventually, 500 years later, we were a clan and we were all a mix of a ghoul and a human, and we no longer held the famine we used to have. We could eat things like normal humans, and now, we only have our Kagune which is a lot better!" She smiled at me.

I was speechless. "So...does my Kagune activate at my own will?" She nodded in response. "Yes, and sometimes, when your Kagune activates, you even have the eyes. The pupils turn red and the white turns black, to scare off the enemy."

"How do I activate it?"

"Apply a small amount of chakra on your back."

I tried it. I meditated for a while, and then I heard a flow/hollow sound. As I opened my eyes I saw the same vibrant colors I had when I fought Pain.

"Your Kagune is beautiful!" Mom gushed at me. "It's beautiful yet deadly just like you."

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Well, you are the Death Shadow." She smiled. "Now, try to think of a target and apply a little more chakra on your Kagune." I closed my eyes to concentrate. A few seconds later I lifted myself up and expected a jump. It was more like a huge leap. "What?!" My eyes widened a fraction.

Mom laughed at me. "Honey! Your Kagune also allows you to 'fly' sort of. Now concentrate on a spot and do it!" My eyes narrowed and before I knew it, my Kagune solidified into small crystals and shot a certain spot. I landed shortly after.

"It looks like you've got the hang of it. However, only use your Kagune as a last resort." She looked at me dead in the eye. I stood next to her and we sat down. "Hm, you're a fast learner, I'll give you that. Thanks to you I still have time to talk."

"Can you...Tell me how you met Dad?"

She blushed. "You really want to know?" I nodded. "It's not as cheesy as you think though." She scratched her neck sheepishly.

"I still want to know. Dad practically never talks about you."

"Fine. In one condition, you take off your mask. I can't believe I'm seeing my daughter with her face half covered." She said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

I sighed. "Behind this mask...." She looked at me intensely.

"Is another mask! Pretty cool, right?!" Blue lines appeared on her forehead, and then a huge tick mark appeared. She looked at me dead in the eye.

"You are a carbon copy of the Copy Cat ninja after all..." She said gloomily.

" I get that a lot. Besides, you didn't say you wanted to see my face..." I said arrogantly. I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head.

"I don't need a Kakashi number two!" She grabbed my shoulders and unmasked me. She sighed.

"Better. Much better. Don't you dare take it off!" She said in a chilling tone. Man, moms are scary sometimes. "Now, I can tell you my story with Kakashi." It looks like I even got her one-sided bargaining. I looked at her blankly.