A new battle and unexpected return

As the Forward unto Dawn was crashing down on Remnant. Cortana made sure with whatever control she got left would be used to move the ship away from any populated cities. It was heading towards a crash course near a mountain that is way out of Vale's reach of visual. As they crash land the vessel's smiled false up when it hit the side of the mountain and it stop and while something on the bottom will surprise them. Once it stopped the ships power is restored and the Spartans start to get up and try to find out where they landed.

Cortana: Glad to see everyone in one piece.

Jaune: Same, Cortana Status report?

Cortana: The shield took most of the impact now they are down to 75%. No damage to the hull. Thrusters are a bit damage but that will be fixed. The Slip space drive is damage and it'll be a while before its fully repaired. Haroguk are all right and now they are already getting to repair what was damaged.

Kelly: So basically we are stuck on way what was it called Jaune.

Jaune: Remnant.

Kelly: Thank you on Remnant and we are on our own great.

Li: Could be worse.

Jorge: True at least we haven't seen any covenant remnants.

Cal: So what's next?

Cortana: Well now we, wait a minute I'm picking up two UNSC personal locations. It seems they are near a village or settlement.

Jaune: What how can there be any UNSC personal here?

Cortana: I don't know but we have to check them out. I'm having the bay open and a pelican ready.

Jaune: Alright, Blue team load up and get ready to move.

Blue team: Yes sir.

As they ran to the armory and got their desired gear and Jaune got a MA5C rifle with 6 clips and Two SMGs and his energy sword in his waist with two grenades. They went to the Pelican and got on and Jaune got in the Pilot seat and took off. After 5 minutes of Flying they are approaching the location and saw two figures fighting what look like enemy soldiers.

Jaune: Li you're taking over we're going in.

Li: Understood Jaune.

They got in and the enemy forces looked shock until the Pelican opened fire and killed multiple of them while others were hit while still standing but fell. The back open and they jumped off and got their primaries ready.

??: Well I though I never see that green color again Chief.

??2: Yes you all have come a long way. Since your days as Trainees.

The Spartans all turn to see Chief Mendez and for Jaune his friend Avery Johnson.

Jaune: Johnson I though you were dead.

Johnson:.I though so also but it seems I ain't done yet.

Mendez: Well talk later now we have bandits to take care off.

The Spartans saw the Bandits approach them. They formed a perimeter and Jaune said.

Jaune: Blue team engage!

They started to fire on the Bandits and effectively kill them while others seem to take a but more once something similar to a energy shield came out of them but it didn't have the same strength and soon they fell. Some of the Bandits open fire on the Spartans but their energy shielding took most of the impact but it didn't slow them down. Jorge just hold the trigger of his chaingun and slaughter 12 on them in 2 minutes. Kelly ran and used the shotgun to kill them at close range. Cal use her sniper to pick off those who would try to sneak and Jaune was using Hand to hand when one got close and snapped his neck and reloaded his MA5C. As the last one fell to his rifle his senses kicked in and dodge a blade and turn to see a lady with a Grimm dragon mask with black hair and holding a red Katana.