Chapter 2

Lily's POV

"Mom why did I have to come inside I was talking" I said.

"Who were you talking to?" she asked.

"His name is Tate" I said.

"That's what I thought, look I've heard he's bad news, you can't talk to him anymore" she said.

"What, that's so stupid you don't even know him" I said.

"I don't have to, he use to be seen by the doctor here and he was quit troubled" she said.

"Whatever mom, and where did you hear that?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"Constance told me, you'll thank me one day" she said.

"Whatever" I said as I opened a cabinet.

"Oh and I start working tonight" she said. I nodded and grabbed a cup.

"Mom this house gives me a weird feeling" I said. She nodded in agreement and sat down.

"It feels weird to me too, but don't worry we'll get use to it. Well I'm gonna go unpack my suit case before work" my mom said as she got up and left the kitchen. I poured some water in my cup and headed up the stairs into my room and sat down on the floor and started thinking.

How did Tate and Violet know my name? How did they just disappear? all these questions and more raced through my mind.

"Lily I'm leaving for work, I'll see you in the morning since I'm working night shift" my mom called from the bottom of the stairs. I looked at my clock and saw it was already 9:45 pm. Gosh I've been up here a long time.

"Okay bye mom" I yelled back. I heard the door shut and I walked out of my room and ran down the stairs into the living room. I looked out the window and watched my mom drive off. I grabbed my pack of cigarettes and walked out back and lit one. I sat on porch in the dark and just thought about everything that's happened today. After a few minutes I started hearing this popping sound like someone was throwing rocks, or those popping things you buy for parties. I ignored it until I started to hear giggling. I stood up slowly and dropped my cigarette.

"H-Hello" I asked. I heard more giggling and I ran inside and locked the door. I grabbed my phone off the counter and put it in my pocket just incase I need it. I backed up slowly until I was out of the kitchen and near the stairs. I looked over and saw a dark figure walk towards the basement.

"W-Whose there" I asked. I heard more giggling and that same popping noise I heard outside. I ran up the stairs into my room and shut and locked the door. I backed up slowly and I turned around and came face to face with a nurse covered in water and blood.

"Look what he did to me" she said. I screamed and ran towards my door, I grabbed the handle and tried to open it but I had locked it. I turned back around and saw she gone, I fell to my knees and backed up against the door and started crying. What is going on? am I going insane? I put my head in my hands and kept crying.

"Now darling dry those tears" someone said. I looked up and saw a young women with curly blonde hair, she was dressed in older looking clothing and she was quite pale. She put her hand up to my cheek and wiped my tears away.

"Life's to short for so much sorrow, now if they try to bother you just shut your eyes and say "go away" and they'll be gone okay" she smiled. I nodded and looked behind her to make sure the nurse was gone.

"W-Who are you" I asked.

"I'm Nora" she smiled.

"What's happening to me" I asked. She sighed and grabbed my hand and held it.

"Lily dear, this house has....well a lot of sadness and pain, I can tell you have a lot of sadness and pain inside you. This house knows that's in you, it can feel it. In this house you'll be able to see the pain and sadness that lies with in the souls in this house. This place is dangerous Lily be aware at all times, some of the spirits are good and some are.....evil, be careful" she said. I blinked and she was gone. I looked around and everything was silent. I sat on floor and let everything sink in. I felt like something was telling me to go to the basement, after a few minutes of fighting with myself on whether I should go or not, I did. I got up and went down stairs. I walked over to the basement door and opened it. I felt a cool gust of wind hit me as I walked down the steps. I looked around and saw there were a few different rooms.

"Hello is anyone down here" I asked. Even though I know nobody would answer. I walked around and came across a room with a small wooden door. It was probably the crawl space, I grabbed a chair and opened the door. I pulled myself inside and started crawling, man it's disgusting down here. I made my way to the back of the crawl space, and there was a ledge, I jumped down from it and could barely see anything it was so dark. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and turned it on so I could what's down there. I pointed it towards the ground and screamed.

"Oh my god" I screamed as I started crying. There was the dead body of what I'm guessing was a teenage girl down there. I pulled myself up from the ledge and I crawled as fast I could out of the crawl space. I pulled myself out and shut the wooden door. I backed away from the door and I bumped into something, I screamed and turned around, it was Violet.

"I see you found it" she sighed. I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth, I just stood there crying.

"I was so sad then, I made one of the worst decisions of my life" she said as tears ran down her cheeks.

"W-What do y-you mean" I chocked out.

"I commit suicide" she said as she wiped her eyes. Then I realized Violet was a ghost and that body down there was hers.

"I've g-gotta call the p-police" I stuttered. Violet shook her head and put her cold hand on my shoulder.

"Please don't, I don't want the rest of my family to know I commit suicide, just let them think I'm still gone with my brother" she said.

"Ok I-I won't" I said as I wiped my eyes.

"Thank you" she smiled. I nodded and she walked out of the small room, I walked out too and she was gone. I ran up the stairs and into the bathroom, I shut the door and looked in the mirror, I ran my fingers through my hair and wiped my eyes.

"Are you scared now" I looked up and saw Tate, I gasped and turned around but he wasn't there.

Ben's POV

"Vivien how should we scare them out of this house" I asked.

"I don't know Ben, maybe we should just let them stay here, I mean Hayden isn't bothering people anymore and the mother isn't having a baby, maybe it's time we let someone stay and figure out for them selves that this place isn't good" Vivien said.

"Viv this place is evil we can't let them stay" I said.

"Moira said that the realtors were saying if these people move out then they're gonna knock down this house and build a car port, we can't let them leave" Vivien said. I sighed and took a drink of my coffee.

"You're right Vivien, if this house comes down who knows what will happen to everyone" I said.

Lily's POV

I opened my bathroom door and ran out into the hall and started looking around.

"Tate" I called, I got no answer and I pulled out my phone and saw it was already 1:35 in the morning. I ran into my room and shut the door. I put on my pj's and climbed into bed. I pulled my hair into a bun and cut off my lamp. I pulled the covers over my head and cried.

I can't do this..... or can I?

***************

Thanks for reading!!!

Vote and comment please!

<3 Emily