Chapter 5

Tate's POV

I've ruined everything... Why do I have to be so stupid. Everything I do is wrong. I lost Violet and I'm never getting her back, she doesn't want to see me, she doesn't love me anymore. But I won't lose Lily.... She's my second chance, she's so much like Violet.... maybe that's why I want to be with her so much.....

Lily's POV

I got up and wiped my eyes. I walked into my bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth, I went back into my room and changed into a black tee shirt and shorts. I got into bed and tried to fall asleep, but I had this feeling like I should go to the basement. But I tried to ignore it because I just wanted to fall asleep and forget about everything that's happened today... especially with Tate, I wish Violet would of never told me that, but I guess it's a good thing she did.

I couldn't ignore the feeling any longer so I got up and walked down stairs, I walked to the basement door and hesitated to open it but I finally did. I walked down the creaky steps and looked around, I saw a red ball roll across the floor and hit my foot, I picked it up and rolled it back, I walked around and saw nothing else out of the ordinary so I walked back to the stairs, I saw the red ball was rolled back, I picked it up and walked towards where it was being pushed back. All of a sudden someone on a chain jumped out at me started making all these noises and I screamed and fell to the floor.

"Play" he yelled as he clapped his hands. I screamed and started scooting back.

"Beau stop your scaring her" I turned my head and saw Tate, he helped me up and pulled me into a hug. After little while I pulled away.

"Tate can we talk" I asked.

"Sure" he smiled. I started walking up the stairs and Tate followed, I didn't want to be in that basement any longer. I shut the basement door and turned to Tate.

"Can you please explain" I said. He knew what I meant and sighed.

"Yes, I did kill all those people and I did rape Violet's mom, I know it was wrong now but the only reason I raped Violets mom was so Nora could have a baby that's all she wants since she lost hers, she wonders around this house crying for her baby, she's so confused she doesn't even know she's dead, I just wanted to help her, it didn't seem wrong then but I know now that it was. As for killing people yes I'm the Westfield shooter, I killed 15 students, I killed the home owners before the Harmon's and many more, I know it was wrong but I did it anyways" Tate said and by now he was crying.

"Wait if your the Westfield shooter shouldn't you be d-dead" I asked. That happened back in 1994 and the shooter was killed from what I read.

"Yes" Tate whimpered. Then it all made sense, Tate was dead. That's how he disappeared when I was talking to him that's how he keeps getting into the house.

"Are you gonna kill me" I asked as I backed up a little bit.

"No, no Lily I would never hurt you" Tate said as he grabbed my hands.

"Okay I trust you" I said, and I did for some reason, even though he killed people it didn't phase me, for some reason I did trust him, it may not be a good idea but I don't care.

"Thank you Lily, I promise I'll never hurt you or your mom" Tate said as he wiped his eyes.

"You wanna come upstairs for a little while" I asked. Tate smiled and nodded.

"Okay let's go" I said. We walked up the stairs and went into my room, I shut the door and sat next to Tate on the floor.

"So tell me about yourself" Tate said.

"Well I'm 17, I'm a senior, I hate high school, and my life some what sucks since my dad died" I said.

"I'm so sorry about your dad" he said.

"It's okay, so tell me about yourself" I said.

"Well I died when I was in high school, I was shot up by a S.W.A.T team after I shot those kids at school, And my soul is stuck in this house forever" Tate said.

"I'm sorry about that" I said. Tate grabbed my hands and smiled.

"It's okay, I'm fine here, especially now since your here" Tate smiled. I smiled back at him and looked over at the clock. It was already 2am.

"I should really go to bed, I have school tomorrow" I said.

"Aw I have to leave already" Tate said.

"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow though, you can help Isaac and I with our project" I said.

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow" Tate smiled as he walked out of my room. I laid in bed and fell asleep.

*****

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm, I got up and walked into my bathroom and took a shower. I got out, dried off and put my robe on. I walked back into my room and grabbed my clothes for the day. Which was a pair of light wash jeans, a white tee shirt, and some black flats. I changed and walked back into my bathroom, I blow dried and curled my hair a little bit and put on some makeup. I walked back into my room and grabbed my stuff. I headed down the stairs and saw my mom in the kitchen.

"Hey I'm ready to go" I said.

"Okay I'll get the keys" she said. I walked out to the car and got in. I wish we had another car so I could drive myself to school. My mom got in the car and drove me to school.

"Thanks mom" I smiled as I got out of the car.

"No problem, love you" she smiled. I shut the car door and walked to my locker.

"Hey stranger" I turned around and saw Isaac.

"Hey what's up" I smiled.

"Nothing much, so how did last night go after I left" he asked.

"Oh it was fine, I just calmed him down" I lied.

"Okay, do you want to work on the project tonight" Isaac asked.

"Sure, is it okay if Tate still helps us" I asked.

"Yeah that's fine" Isaac said.

"Okay" I smiled. We shut out lockers and walked to the library.

"Let's do some research" Isaac said. We walked over to the computers and logged on. I looked up deaths that occurred there and started reading.

"Woah this is some weird shit" I said. I looked over at Isaac and he was just staring at the computer with his jaw dropped.

"What is it" I looked over and saw a picture of Tate on the computer with his date of death and what he did to those students.

___________

Do you guys like it so far?