On the Ground

As soon as everyone was off the ship it was finally my turn. I jumped off of my seat happily and came into direct contact with the sun's light. I took a deep breath through my nose and out of my mouth. It was so perfect so far and I hoped it would never change.

As I walked down the ramp I looked around to all the trees and the beautiful nature. The way the sun shined through the leaves made the trees even prettier.

I hopped onto the ground and my boots dug into the dirt. Just as I was finishing up admiring my surroundings and taking it all in, a fight broke out. Wow really guys? We had just been on the earth for about two minutes and they already got into a fight. It was between this one guy with brown hair and pale skin who I didn't know yet and the infamous Wells a.k.a Chancellor Jaha's son.

"Wells!" Clarke shouted when the pale skinned boy kicked Wells and it sent him to the ground. Wells got back up and they were about to throw punches at each other when Finn jumped down from the dropship and landed between the two. How the heck did he get up there?

"Kid's got one leg how about you wait till its a fair fight." He told pale-skin, I really need to find out what his name is. Then Octavia came over to Finn.

"Hey spacewalker" She said making Finn turn around. "Rescue me next" Finn just smirked and Bellamy came over to Octavia giving her a glare that she didn't notice until she turned around.

"What? He's cute." She said shrugging.

"He's a criminal." Bellamy said in a stern voice.

"They're all criminals." She said which made me laugh quietly to myself.

Then Clarke took lead and said how we better get moving if we wanted to get back by dark since it was a long way to Mount Weather for resources.

A group of five surrounded around her and when I noticed I decided to go along with them. I needed an adventure. When the group was together it turned out to be me, this kid with goggles, an Asian kid, Octavia, Finn and Clarke.

I don't think anyone noticed me so I just stayed in the back.

"Hey you!" The kid with goggles said coming over.

"Hey" I reply.

"You look young how old are you kid?"

"Im twelve but I'm not a kid and the name is Maddie." I protest. I was a pre-teen for his information.

"Well nice to meet you Maddie, I'm Jasper and this is Monty." He says pulling a kid by his jacket collar over to me.

"What, oh hi" Monty says.

"Hi" I say back as we continue to walk.

"So Maddie tell me how is it that a girl so young is considered a criminal?" Monty asks as Jasper attempts to talk to Octavia who was more interested in Finn if you ask me.

"It's a long story but basically my mom stole food rations, got floated, dad stole food rations, I got blamed and locked up." I said summing up my scarring past.

"Wow I'm sorry that's crazy" He says running his hand through his hair.

"Yeah well so is everything down here I mean isn't It incredible that we were above this and were missing out on so much." I say still taken back by it all.

"Yeah now we just have to make sure to survive" He says stating the obvious.

"We got this!" I say skipping ahead. I continued to look around at the huge trees and was tempted to climb each one but I knew I'd just get lost from the group. We continued walking until our group stopped.

"What is it?" I asked making my way to the front. Then I saw the reason why, there was a river that stopped us from going ahead.

"Wow" I hear Jasper say.

"I know right it's water!" I say running over to it and cupping some in my hands and drinking it. Then I turn around to see Octavia taking off her pants. Oh that must have been why Jasper said wow. That makes more sense.

She went right into the water and lifted her head a little bit up to just reveal her eyes.

"Come on in guys it's great!" She shouts as she jumps up in the water and splashes us.

"Im coming!" I say as I take off my shoes. I was about to take off my other clothes but then stopped when I heard someone shout.

"Wait there's something in the water!" Everyone turned to the fin that was making its way over to Octavia.

"Octavia get out of the water!" I shouted as Octavia started to swim back, but it was too late the giant fish looking thing was approaching her. I couldn't stand to just watch so I jumped into the water with her.

"Come on!" I said helping her get out. Just as I was about to follow suit I felt a sharp, painful bite on my leg.

"OW HEL-" I was gonna say but got pulled underwater.

Finn's Pov

Octavia had luckily gotten out, but just as the other girl was about to, she got pulled under by whatever the hell that thing was.

"We need to create a distraction!" I shouted looking around for a big rock or something which I spotted right on the bank.

"Here help me push it!" I yelled to anyone and Jasper and Monty made their way over and pushed it in with me.

"It worked!" Jasper said as the fish started swimming over to us. This was our chance. I ran over to the girl and jumped in.

"Here I got you." I told her as I helped her get to shore.

"Finn hurry!" Clarke yelled which made me look at the fish who had figured it out and made its way back to us.

I handed the girl over to Jasper and then quickly followed just as the fish reached the area we were in.