Adventure Gone Wrong

Maddie Pov

I woke up, feeling like I was choking. I coughed up water that was blocking off my airway and turned on my side. Then I remember what happened and looked down at my leg. The pain was still burning and the blood from my cut stained my wet pants I was still wearing.

"Oh my gosh are you okay Maddie?" Jasper asked staring from my bloody pants to my face.

"Does it look okay!?" I said referring to my leg.

"I don't know let me check" Jasper said starting to roll up my pants.

"No its okay, I'm sure it's just like any other cut." I say trying to minimize the situation.

"Thank you so much" Octavia said embracing my wet body in a hug.

"No problem can we leave now?" I ask causing everyone to chuckle except Clarke who was too focused on my leg.

"We need to stop the bleeding" She said as she turned around and ripped Finn's shirt.

"Hey that was my favorite shirt!" He complained. I shot him a "are you kidding me?" look.

"First of all that was your only shirt." I told him. "Second I think we have more important matters."

"Yeah your right we really need to eat I'm starved."

And with that stupid but very true remark I just rolled my eyes and waited for Clarke to finish tying off my leg.

"There, can you walk?" She asked me lifting me up by my arm and Finn getting the other.

"Yes of course I still have my other one don't I?" I say making Clarke smile.

"Well now we know we can't swim across the river." Monty announced. Geez thanks Monty.

"No!" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Here." Finn said unraveling a vine from a tree. "This should work."

"Good eye" Jasper complimented as we all made our way over to Finn.

Finn was going to go first until Jasper looked to Octavia.

"You mind if I go first?" Jasper asked Finn as he looked to Octavia once more to see her smiling.

"No go ahead"

"Whoo go Jasper!" I applauded as I was trying not to laugh at his actions just to impress Octavia. Jasper gave me a big smile and a wink before getting ready to take off, but he seemed a little hesitant and scared.

"It's okay to be scared Jasper, the trick is not fighting it." Finn told Jasper giving him a little pep talk.

"Words of wisdom, dang Finn where'd you get that one?" I said causing everyone to laugh which I think added to Jasper's confidence. Way to go Mads.

Then Jasper took one last exhale before pushing off and flying across the river on the vine. Wow it looks so cool!

"It really does" Octavia agreed. Oops I said that out loud.

Jasper made it to the other side safely (except for him faceplanting at the last second in order to get off).

"Yeah Jasper!" We all congratulated. He was a cool dude.

Then he turned around and picked up something off of the ground. It was a sign that said 'Mount Weather'.

We all cheered and I shot Jasper a thumbs up from across the river and jolted my head to gesture towards Octavia. He just returned the thumbs up and Finn was about to go until a huge spear shot rapidly across the river right into Jasper's chest.

When I realized what happened my smile instantly fell. I couldn't breathe, my heart just dropped.

"Oh my gosh Jasper!?" Clarke yelled.

"We have to go!" Finn announced. "Guys come on!"

I heard everyone leave behind me. Jasper was just here and now he had a spear through his chest.

"Maddie come on!" Finn said grabbing my arm and forcing me to go with him. I was too focused on Jasper to even consider the person who shot that spear was still on our side and could still get us.

"Wait we have to go back! We can't just leave him there, please Finn stop!" I shouted practically
crying and choking out my words.

"Maddie no we could be next!" Clarke yelled from ahead. I knew they were right I just couldn't bear the thought of leaving him behind. I caught Finn off guard and wiggled out of his grip and sprinted in the other direction.

"Maddie no!" He called after me. I managed to forget about the pain in my leg, but I'm pretty sure the adrenaline rush was the reason for that. When I got to the edge I looked to see Jasper but he wasn't there.

"Maddie are you-" Finn was going to say until he saw what I was seeing. They had taken him.

Eventually everyone had returned and we stared off to the spot where Jasper just was.

"They took him?" Clarke asked.

"Must have." Finn replied. I just now realized his hand was on my shoulder.

"We need to find him!" I shouted looking up at Finn and Clarke.

"Maddie he's long gone by now and we need to get back to camp." Clarke said coming over to me.

I didn't argue I knew I wouldn't win anyway. I just dropped my chin and looked at my boots and then back over to where Jasper had been shot, my vision made into a blur by the tears that were building up. 

"Cmon Maddie let's go" Finn said quietly as he guided me in front of him towards the woods.

A long, painful, and quiet trekking back through the woods later...

"Are we there yet?" Monty asked just as tired as I was.

"Any minute now." Clarke told us as we approached camp. It had been such an annoying walk with my leg. It felt as if it was on fire.

We finally got there and we found Wells and the other boy fighting again except this time with knives and Bellamy was just observing it all and eventually got in the middle and stopped them.

"Octavia!" He shouted as he noticed us walking into camp. "Where's the food?" He asked our group.

"We don't have any" Clarke said. "We were attacked."

"By what?" Wells asked.

"Not what, who." Finn corrected as Bellamy placed his arm around Octavia.

"Where's that kid with goggles?" Wells asked noticing we had come back with less than when we left.

"The grounders took him, drove a spear right through his chest" This of course earned a gasp and a lot of talking from the crowd.

I didn't want to continue standing so I went over to the nearest log and sat down.