Daydreaming and I'm Thinking of You

*2 hours later*

Frick!" I hear from underneath me.

I look down to see Bellamy trying to climb up the tree.

"Use the other branch dumbnut" I tell him, seeing that he was on the thinnest branch of them all. You would think he would know these things. I tried not to laugh looking at how he almost slipped multiple times.

He eventually got on top and took his usual seat next to me. I continued looking up at the grey clouds, trying in my best effort to ignore him.

"So, we should probably talk about what happened, listen I didn't want you to have to see that, especially with your father and everything."

"Bell-" I paused and turned around reluctantly to look at him. "It doesn't matter. Is Finn alright at least?"

"Finn's fine, so is the grounder if you were wondering, but are you?"

"No." I shake my head slowly, releasing tears against my will. I try to wipe them away and cover them up but they kept coming. "Bellamy I thought you were different! I thought you weren't like him, but what I saw just a couple hours ago reminded me of him exactly!" I finish, burying my head in my hands.

I hear him sigh. "Maddie look at me right now." He says sternly. I wipe away the tears from my cheeks and look at his chest to avoid eye contact. "I will never, ever hurt you and I for sure as hell never will become like your father."

I nod my head and we sit in silence for a little before I put out my pinky.

"Pinky swear?"

"You really are a kid" He chuckles while looking at my hand.

"Fine don't shake it and be a lame piece of sh-" Yep you guessed right! The hand clamped down on top of my mouth.

"You really need to watch that mouth of yours." He says and then locks his pinky onto mine with the hand that wasn't slammed down onto my mouth.

"You need to watch your accusations because for your information I was going to say shoot." I say smiling at him once he removed his hand.

He just stares me down awkwardly for about ten seconds.

"Mhm sure you were, you know as a guard on the ark we learned to tell a lie apart from the truth." He says making my jaw drop.

"Really? Can you teach me?" I ask in excitement.

Before he could answer Clarke called out his name.

"Yeah!?" He called down to her, looking over the leaves.

"Where the hell are you?" She called back.

Bellamy smirked and stood up.

"Look up" He shouted back.

"No! Now she knows about our secret tree" I pout.

He shoots me a glare and then looks back down to Clarke.

"Come down, I have to talk to you!" She yells at him and he nods.

"Alright well I'll see you later Mads" He tells me starting to climb back down the tree.