Saving Jasper

I kept my distance from the group, which wasn't that hard considering I was only really using one leg.

"When you take this off, we can go" I heard Bellamy tell Clarke as I saw he had her wrist in his hand. He must have been talking about that wristband again. I actually agreed with Bellamy, those wristbands needed to come off. I wish mine had already been detached but I haven't gotten the chance yet.

"The only way the ark is going to think I'm dead, is if I'm dead, got it?" Clarke snapped at Bellamy causing Bellamy to smirk.

"Brave princess" He said releasing her hand as someone bumped into me. Crap.

"Maddie? What are you doing?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned back around to come face to face (more like face to chest) with Finn.

"Uh- wasn't exactly invited?" I ask giving him an innocent smile. He just looked down at my leg and gave me a serious look, then grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the group whose attention was now focused on us. Great, thanks Finn.

"Look who I found following behind" Finn said giving me a disappointed look. He was much cooler at the river.

"Maddie I told you to stay at camp!" Clarke shouted with her teeth clenched.

"I'm bad at following instructions I guess" I say shuffling my boot in the dirt, this girl was way to motherly. I didn't need that.

"It doesn't matter now what's done is done, let's just find Jasper" Clarke says, clearly still mad as she stomps off, Wells following her like a lost puppy.

"Look Finn now she's pissed, couldn't have just let me off the hook could you?" I ask him with my arms crossed, attempting to be tougher than I was.

"Nope" he says popping the 'p' and leaving me standing there with Bellamy.

"Tough luck kid" Bellamy told me as he patted my shoulder and walked ahead.

"Wait Bellamy!" I shouted catching up to him. "Do you think you could take my wristband off soon?" I asked him with pleading eyes.

"Sure, but why so eager?" He asked me giving me a side look as we continued to walk.

"I have my reasons" I reply.

"Let me guess, don't want somebody to know your alive?" He asked me making me think he had a similar reason.

"Something like that, but when can you do it?"

"When we get back to camp, otherwise Clarke will notice and throw another fit" He said shaking his head.

He made a good point there. Don't get me wrong, Clarke's a great person and leader but she can get way too bossy and annoying sometimes.

We walked for a lot more until we split into two groups, Finn and Clarke and then me, Bellamy, Wells, and pale-skin which I now discovered his name to be Murphy.

"You and me have a lot more in common than meets the eye" I heard Bellamy tell Wells. I could feel another argument coming on, Bellamy wasn't exactly the nice guy type. Everyone saw him as a selfish jackass, except for when it came to protecting his sister. I honestly didn't know how to feel about him, my main intention was to listen to the best of my abilities and let the older people take lead and keep order.

I was starting to feel really tired and I didn't know if it was because of the blood I had lost or from the twenty miles we must have walked. Soon my eyes started closing and then fluttering back open when I realized what was happening. Soon enough, because of how clumsy I was, I bumped right into someone or something.

"Watch where your going" I heard someone snap and looked up to see Murphy.

"Sorry" I said in an angry tone, he didn't have to be a jerk about it.

"Why are you even here, your clearly hurt and way too young" He fired back as I glared at him with a shocked expression. This attitude was so unnecessary, I barely knew the guy.

"First of all you barely know me and yes obviously I'm hurt but I'd rather deal with the pain and walk then sit and do nothing. Second, I'm not even that young I'm twelve!" I protested as I saw Bellamy glance over and smirk.

"Shut up Bellamy" I told him and that's when Finn called us all over to look at some leaf thing.

Turned out Finn had found some blood on rocks and it was still fresh. That's when we heard a disturbing moaning sound. Jasper.

All of us started running towards the noise until we came into a clearing with a huge tree in the middle that had Jaspers body tied to it.

"Oh my gosh" I say and then I see Clarke sprint over to the tree with others close behind including me all the way in the back like always. All of a sudden Clarke plummets into the ground only to be caught quickly by the arm by Bellamy. He seemed hesitant to pull her up but got snapped out of it when the others yelled at him to pull her up as they helped too.

As they got Clarke safely onto the ground again I ran ahead (more like limped) to climb the tree Jasper was on. His body had something green on it and he was covered with scratches and cuts.

"Maddie what are you doing!?" Somebody yelled as I continued to climb, not caring about how much I was gonna get lectured about this later. When I got to Jasper I realized I didn't have a knife so I looked down helplessly at the group only to see Finn climbing up anyway.

"Did you expect to carry him down yourself?" He asked as I gave him another guilty look.

"My bad" I told him as he took out a knife and starting cutting the ropes around Jasper.

"Boo" Murphy said as he grabbed my ankle causing me to shriek.

"Ugh your so annoying!" I shouted at him as I started to climb back down. Okay maybe my little climbing adventure was pointless but it was about time I got to climb a tree, not that I was thinking more about that than helping Jasper.

Just as I got down to the ground I heard a loud roar from out of the bushes. I ran over to see what it was, but stopped when Bellamy's arm came down in front of me.

"Grounders?" He questioned as I squinted to see the leaves rustling and coming closer and closer.

"Bellamy gun!" I heard Clarke yell and then looked to Bellamy who couldn't seem to find his gun. Well we're dead I thought but a gunshot caught my attention. I looked around to see that Wells had the gun, but I still couldn't make out what he was shooting at. All of a sudden a big black panther looking thing leaped out at me and Bellamy. I felt someone grab me tightly and we fell to the floor just as another gunshot was fired. When nothing happened I opened my eyes which had been tightly shut and I saw that Bellamy was hovering on top of me protectively with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Sorry for crushing you" He said offering me a hand which I accepted.

"Thanks for that" I replied giving him an appreciative smile which he returned.

"What about me? I'm the one who shot it!" Wells joked as I chuckled.

"Well you did miss once, but sure good job you saved our butts" I told him patting him on the arm.

Earth was definitely not the place I dreamed of, but I had a great feeling it was gonna shape me into a brave, young warrior.