Fighters Fight

When we finally got back to camp, Bellamy commanded everyone to start building foxholes or guard the wall. I was working with Raven and Jasper on landmines.

"C'mon these foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." I hear Bell in the distance.

Jasper was digging out dirt from the ground to insert the land mine when we were finished.

"Here Maddie grab this side." Raven said pulling wire over to where I was crouched down in front of a big screw sticking up from the ground. I do as she asks and we twist the wire around the metal.

"Better hope those landmines work, all the gunpowder we're wasting we could be making more grenades." Bellamy says standing over us now.

"Wanna come over here and test one?" Raven asks with an almost serious tone. I hold back my snicker since Bellamy looked highly pissed as it was.

"Cute." Is all he says in response. "I need this entire section mined by morning, then we finish the south field." He instructs turning back around just as Raven got up.

"Hey!" She shouts running over to him and lowering her voice to a volume that I couldn't hear what she was saying.

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." Bellamy replies turning right back around and walking away. I assumed it was about going out to look for Clarke,Finn, and Monty. I really hoped he would give in eventually. My head was feeling dizzier and more lightheaded and I actually wanted Clarke to examine me.

"I'm talking to you, we can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn." Raven tells him louder this time.

All of a sudden a gunshot goes off that rings in my ears, vibrating my eardrums to the max.

"Ahhh" I groan covering my hands with my ears and snapping my head to see who fired their gun. However all I could see were two blurry figures, one being someone at the gate and the other being someone storming up to that person.

"What the hell is the matter with you?"

"I'm sorry man I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day."

This being about a peak or an overload level on Bellamy's anger scale, he grabs the boy by his collar and starts yelling, what a shocker.

"WE'VE ALL BEEN ON WATCH ALL DAY! That bullet was one less dead grounder."

"Bell-you're scaring people." Octavia chimes in who had been working on the gate as well. If anyone could calm him down it would probably be her.

"They should be scared!" He fires back at her and turns around to the now gathered crowd. "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!" He pauses his long lecture and the crowd remains silent, all having terror drawn on our faces. "Get back to work!" He finishes walking off to wherever.

We work for a good two hours until Jasper leaves us to go into the dropship for more gunpowder.

"I need a drink." I tell Raven a couple minutes after. Getting some water from next to the dropship, I hear arguing from inside. Curiosity pulls me closer and closer until I wander in, seeing Jasper and Bellamy.

"No. They'd go after me. Then they'd be dead too. I am doing what I think is right for the group." Bellamy says to a frustrated Jasper.

"It's funny you didn't think that way when Octavia went missing." Jasper says bypassing Bellamy and putting his gun on the table. He then makes his way over to the ladder.