Acid Fog

Long story short, Bellamy was wrong about Jasper being a goner. I don't know how he's still bearing the pain, but he is and that's all that matters.

"Just hang in there Jasper." I whisper to him as I wipe a cold cloth across his cheek.

"Your a good friend Maddie" I hear Monty say from behind me.

"Yeah, but I could never top you" I reply turning around and giving him a light smile.

He returns the smile and grabs the rag out of my hand.

"You know I do believe there's a chance you might be able to go hunting today with the group." Monty tells me giving me a side smirk.

"How!?" I explain jumping at his words in eagerness to leave this camp.

"Well they should be leaving soon and think about it, Bellamy's going obviously and I could reel the others in by calling them in to check on Jasper."

"Using your friends suffering to use as a distraction for me...that's pretty screwed up Monty." I say as I think about his idea. "Let's do it"

I run back to my tent (making sure it's the right one this time) and see Octavia braiding her hair.

"Hey Maddie" She says turning her head towards me as she continues to braid.

"Hey, I'm so bored" I tell her as I plop down onto the pile of blankets.

"How about I braid your hair after I'm done mine?" She mentions trying to make me excited to actually do something, which I definitely would have been if I wasn't offered a better deal earlier.

"Sure why not"

"Clarke come quick!" I hear Monty yell from outside.

"What is it?" She questions with worry in her voice.

"Jasper, hurry!" He shouts as I hear footsteps running and fading.

"I better see what's going on" Octavia says as she hurries out of the tent. Thank you Monty.

I count to thirty before exiting the tent. I run off into the woods in hope of running into the hunting group.

**

It's been about about half an hour but I still haven't found them and by now I'm definetly lost..or so I thought.

"She's mine" I hear very close as I run towards the voice. I ended up running onto a twig, causing it to snap just as I see an object flying towards me as I duck extremely fast.

"Maddie why aren't you back at camp?" Bellamy asks with his usual intimidating face as he walks over.

"I- uh" I try to think of an excuse as I rub the back of my head. "I just couldn't listen to Jasper anymore"

"I could have killed you" He cocklily states as he pulls the ax, that had been thrown at me, from the tree.

"No kidding" I smirk rolling my eyes.

"There's grounders out here its too dangerous for a little girl" This other boy next to Bellamy says.

"Im not little" I say through my clenched teeth. If one more person comments about my age or me being 'little' somebodys getting slapped.

"Alright fine stay with us, and do NOT wander off" Bell commands pointing a finger at me as he hands me a knife with the other.

"What's this for?" I ask him confused.

"You've never killed anything before have you little girl?" Bellamy asks, being obnoxious.

"You know what let's go" I say frustrated as I brush past both of them.

**
"Im going on a picnic and I'm gonna bring Atom, Bellamy, Clarke , drinks, eggs and fish" I say making up the last one. Me and Atom have been playing this game while he payed attention to the trees for animals and I just kept staring at the ground as I walked. He was actually a much cooler guy than I expected him to be.

"Im going on a picnic and I'm gonna bring Atom, b-" Atom started but couldn't seem to finish. "Crap I forget, I know it's a name but I don't know who" He says as if to make Bellamy mad.

"It's Bellamy you idiot" Bell joins in as he smacks Atom upside the head.

This causes me to laugh which gets drowned out by a loud horn sound.

"What was that?" I ask as a bunch of little bugs and animals scurry past our feet. This causes everyone to turn around and see the giant wave of green gas coming towards us.

"Run!" Someone yells as I snap my head around and follow the group as fast as my legs could carry me.

I sprint trying to catch up but I'm just not fast enough. Bellamy quickly extends his arm back to me which I gratefully grab onto as he pulls me along with him.

We finally arrive at a cave just as I hear a scream from behind. I quickly turn back around, releasing my grip from Bellamy's arm and see the wave of gas even closer now as I attempt to find who had yelled.

"Maddie no!" Bellamy shouts after me as I see a body struggling within the storm. I attempt to go towards them but the gas catches up to me and I start running in the opposite direction. I'm running so fast that I end up tripping over what I think is a root and falling onto the ground.

"Ahh!" I scream in pain as the acidic fog burns up my legs and onto my back. I try to crawl away but end up getting lifted up and carried away.

"What were you thinking!?" Bell shouts as he sits me down deep into the cave.

"It burns!" I scream as my whole back feels like it's on fire and my legs feel just as bad.

His eyes turn wide as he looks at me.

"Where?"

"My back" I tell him through clenched teeth. He goes behind me and I feel him lift up the back of my t-shirt.

"Oh my gosh" I hear him slowly say. "Maddie uh- hang in there alright?" He tells me as he takes something off from around his neck.

"What are you-" I was gonna ask until I feel liquid pouring onto my back. "Owwwww!" I yell in even more agony as I grip my hair tightly with my hands.

"Sorry" I hear him mumle. "Where else does it hurt?" He asks making his way back to the front.

"Not telling" I manage to get out between breaths from crying. The amount of tears that were streaming down my face could have been used to re-fill Bellamy's stupid canteen.

"Im not gonna pour anymore water just let me look" He says with his saggy eyes as I roll up my pant legs. His eyes travel up and back down my blistered legs as his mouth is slightly open.

"Clarke is gonna have to treat these burns" He says covering them back up again.

"B-bellamy" I say making him look at me. "S-om-eone was in t-the fog" I whisper feeling my eyes slowly closing.