0.05

CHAPTER FIVE
WALK OUT ON ME

"Nicole, please hear me out," Jason was practically on his knees in front of me as he begged. His brown eyes full with desperation. There was no once of alcohol in his system, that was clear as day.

"Why should I?" I questioned, my arms crossed under my chest, giving my boobs a slight lift up. The dress was already somewhat revealing so it definitely didn't help. I never imagined that I would feel actual anger towards Jason, but yet here I was — anger pulsating through my veins, "Tell me one goddamn reason why I should hear you out."

Any ounce of alcohol that was in my system was fading by the second. The more I looked at Jason, the more I felt like throwing up. The world started to spin and then it stopped. Next thing that I know is I'm hunched over the toilet and was emptying out my stomach.

Jason's large hand rubbed comforting circles on my back.

The moment when I was done with throwing up my insides, I pulled away from Jason's touch. Standing up on shaky legs, I grabbed onto the sink as I stood a foot away from him. The longing I might of have felt for him was now gone, nowhere to be found and I wanted him away from me. "I think," taking a deep breath, I pressed my back against the cold, tiled bathroom wall for support. "I think you should go, Jason. We have nothing to talk about. Everything that has been needed to said has already been said and done."

"Nicole," he hiccuped. "Everything has been said from your side but you haven't taken the time to listen to my side."

"And you're gonna tell me what? That that girl that was sitting last night at the bar on your lap and giggling at whatever the fuck you whispered in her ear isn't your girlfriend? Or that you don't love her? And that she was some rebound to get over me?" I practically laughed as I hit him with questions. "Because let me tell you something," I leaned forward a bit. I'm sure the hatred was evident in my green eyes. "With your track records that's not believable."

Turning my side profile to him, I turned open the tap. Wetting my hands, I moved them across my mouth and the rest of my face. Making a little cup out of my palms, I let the water to fill up and then leaning down more, I drank it. Swishing it around in my mouth, I spit it out — that'll do for now.

Walking past him, I was about to leave the small bathroom when Jason's thick fingers wrapped around my upper arm, turning me towards him, "I'm not letting you walk out on me, again."

Shaking my head, I pulled my arm back, "Should've thought about that the first time around."

Turning around, I left the dimly lit room as fast as I could in my four inch heels. The heels clicked against the floor all the way to the front entrance and even with the overly loud playing music they seemed to be even louder. Pushing the door open, I stumbled out as I tripped on something, but before I could fall to the ground two arms caught me.

"Woah there," Chris' voice rang in my ears as he steadied me on my own two feet. "Gotta be careful in those heels, shorty."

Turning around, I smiled up at his tall figure. Even in heels I was shorter than him. "Thanks, Chris," I brushed my dress down, slightly pulling on the hem of it. I felt even more exposed than I already was, and that made me feel self conscious.

"You good, Nic?"

Looking around the light post illuminated street, I took in the darkness and emptiness of it as a cold breeze swept past each of our bodies. Now I definitely regret not bringing a jacket. I guess Chris noticed my slight shivering as he draped his security jacket around my shoulders.

"Gonna get sick," he smiled, looking down at me.

Flashing him a sad smile, I walked over to the curb and sat down on the cold concrete. Few seconds later, Chris was sitting down next to me. "So what changed ya mood?" he questioned, his eyes forward staring at nothing in particular.

"My ex boyfriend," I whispered, looking out at the black sky as million starts were randomly scattered around the thick blanket.

"You don't have to talk about it if ya don't wanna," he whispered back.

"Thanks, Chris," I repeated the same line from few moments ago. Leaning my head on his shoulder, he placed his hand on my tight and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"No matter what happens, it's gonna be okay. Things might seem bad now, but ya kno' what they say — there's a rainbow after every storm," he whispered. "And I might not kno' you on a personal level, but I can tell that you're a strong person. That ex boyfriend is just that — an ex."

***
rewriting the chapters made me appreciate chris so fucking much like ????? pls he's such a giant teddy bear UGH