0.11

CHAPTER ELEVEN
EVERYTHING I NEED

"Oh I forgot to tell you!" Brian speaks up as he places clean glasses on the shelf underneath the counter. Standing up, he placed both of his palms flat down on the counter before leaning forward and resting down of his forearms. "This guy came in last week looking for you."

Furrowing my brows, I stopped my movement of cleaning the tables as I straightened my spine and looked at him, "What guy?"

He nonchalantly shrugged, "I don't know. He didn't tell me his name."

Rolling my eyes, Luke's words echoed in my mind. "Well what did he look like?" I pressed on. At the back of my mind I had a small hunch of who it could be, but I really didn't want to go there. Especially not after the amazing and fun week I've had with Luke.

"Uh," he dragged out the word as he stared off in space; thinking. "Brownish or dirty blond hair, I really can't remember. He had this perfect face and these round eyes. In the dim lighting that we have, they looked blue or maybe green. One of those because they were too light to be brown. Or maybe they could've been brown..." he shrugged his shoulders. "I do know that he was wearing a red button down with the sleeves rolled up and he had tattoos on both arms. Like we're talking tattoo sleeves. And damn he had this watch on his wrist — shit looked expensive."

At the mention of the the tattoos my heart didn't know what to do — do a somersault or sink to the bottom. How is it that when I'm over him and trying to move on, Jason decides to come barging back into my life? Why couldn't he need me like this before? Besides my heart ripping itself in half trying to figure it out, my brain was blank at the realization that Jason is looking for me and that he actually knows where to look for me.

"He didn't really say much," Brian continued, snapping me out of the haze I was in. "Just asked if you work here, I said yeah and then he asked if you're working tonight I said no, but I told him when you are working."

"Wait what," I looked at him with wide eyes, slightly taken aback. "Why would you tell some guy when I'm working? What if he has some twisted plans for me?"

Rolling his eyes, Brian turned away from me, but even so I could still see his face as he talked in the mirror wall behind all the expensive liquor bottles. "He didn't look like one of those guys and it was clear as day he knew you personally. And obviously you know him too," he mumbled the last part, but nonetheless I heard it crystal clear and had to roll my own eyes at that.

I was about to retort with something smart, when I bit my tongue deciding to rather keep that comment to myself. The last thing I need right now is, having a co-worker walking by me and sneering at me because I couldn't keep my mouth shut and said what I shouldn't have. With that thought I went back to cleaning the tables with the blue colored table cleaner.

Couple of hours later, the place was once again packed — people dancing or drinking, some even spilling the content of their glasses on other people or simply on the floor. As I was mixing and pouring drinks for a group of friends, a voice that I've loved and adored at one point rang in my voice, over the loud music that was coming from the speakers on either side of the room.

"Nic," Jason spoke, his blue eyes sparkling even in the dim light as he stared at me when I turned around. I blinked at him, all of the glasses perfectly perched on the round, black tray that I was holding in my hands.

Finally gathering my wits, I snapped out of the daze and pushed a smile upon my lips. "I'll be right with you, Sir," I spoke, before walking over to the small opening between the counter and the wall and heading straight over to the table where the drink order came from.

Crash IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें