S I X

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SHE WAS SICK of this place. She wanted to be free. But where will she go? She knew nowhere but Sakaar.
She knew that going against her ruler is a horrid choice but she was taught to protect and love the innocent. Yet here she was standing by as she lets such a cruel man kill for his amusement. Her fallen sisters would shame her. But she knew the extent of pushing the boundaries and she does not intend to go beyond it.
She could not stand the sight of all the guest as they have a grand time with each other. She left as soon as the grandmaster turned his head. She thought that no one saw her but there was one person who did.

Loki.

He watched as she left the room. Curiously took the better of him as he places his glass down and excused himself from a group of sakaarians. He followed after her. He could hear her distinct footsteps echoing through the halls. His walks soon turned into sprints as he searched for her. Unfortunately, he was not looking where he was going as he collided into another figure.
He was about to tell the person off when his green eyes met her brown ones.

"Visenya" he breathed out. Visenya glared at him and began to walk the opposite way. Loki ran to catch up with her but her steps were fast. He had to sprint in order to catch up with her. He didn't recognize the halls they were walking through but he didn't dare ask. Visenya was beginning to grow annoyed of Loki's lingering presence. She was in no mood to play games. Yet she continued to ignore him and act as if he wasn't there.
She finally arrived to her destination. The library. Loki was confused as he doesn't see Visenya as a type to read but then again who is he to judge her. The library was almost as impressive as his own personal one in Asgard. Though, his was far more grand than this. But it did intrigue him. He was so caught up with looking at the books that he didn't realize that Visenya has already walked away.

Visenya his behind a bookshelf, watching as he marveled in the books. His eyes shone something that she's never seen in him before. Almost as if he feels at home with the books. He looked at peace with himself. And as much as Visenya hates to admit it, Loki is a very handsome man. Especially when he doesn't have that stupid smirk on his face. It almost makes him look innocent.

Loki finally noticed that his companion has wondered off again. He was so caught up in his own mind that he has lost her.

"Visenya?" He called out as he slowly scanned each empty isle. He notice a slight glimmering from the corner of his eye. He glances over only to catch her gaze for a moment before turning away. He quickly ran to where she was but found it empty. He wondered how she could move so quietly without making a sound. As he walked, he soon found himself neck to neck with a knife. His gaze followed the hand holding the knife next to his throat. Visenya looked at Loki with disgruntle.

"Why are you following me?" She lazily asked as if she did not care. But she actually very much cared and was curious. 

"Why is it that we always end up like this. With you pointing a knife to my throat. Is this some kink you have?" He asked as Visenya gave him a disgusted look.

"Look, I'm not in the mood to play your games Loki. Please just leave me be. I want to be alone" she told him. Loki was taken back by the sound of her voice. She pleaded with him softly. His smirk dropped off his face. Replacing it with a look of concern. After the weeks that he's known her, she never once showed this side to her. She has always showed herself to be tough but here she was slowly falling apart in front of him.

She's fighting the tears back but she couldn't help but let a few drop down her face. She quickly wiped them away hoping he didn't see it. But he did. He involuntary brushed the tear of her face. His hand now rested on her cheek.
It was a new feeling for Visenya. Loki was being caring towards her. His eyes held nothing but worry and sympathy. In the moment, she felt as if she could confine in him. Loki grabbed her hand and led her over to a fireplace. They both took a seat on the couch, their knees touching.

It was quiet between them, both not knowing what to say to one another. Neither wanted to break the silence but Visenya knew it should be her to break it.

"You probably think I'm weak for crying" she muttered out. Loki shook his head.

"No. It's better to let things out than let them tear you apart from the inside out" he told her. The fire was burning and silence once again fell upon them. Only the sound of the fire burning could be heard.

"I was raised to do one thing and one thing only, to protect the ones that can't protect themselves." She breathed out.

"are you not a scavenger?" He asked. Visenya shook her head. If only she was a scavenger from the very beginning maybe she wouldn't be feeling the was she is right now

"I wasn't always one." Loki unknowingly inches closer to her. For some reason he feels the need to be near her.

"What were you before?" He asked. Visenya contemplated on telling him. She was not sure if it was wise to reveal the truth about herself to him. But for some reason, she trusted him. It was probably idiotic to do so but he is of Asgard.

"I was a warrior. I fought alongside my warrior sisters. We won every battle except our last one. Only my sister and I survived the massacre." She recalled those dreadful memories.

"What happened?" Loki leaned in.

"A woman wanted more power but the king refused. He could see the insanity that his own flesh and blood has gone down that he willingly locked his own daughter away" Loki looked at her with a credible look. He glanced down to the golden cuff that trapped her wrist. He tentatively reached for her hand. He continued to do so as he realized that she wouldn't care. He unlocked the cuff and let it fall to the ground with a loud thud. His eyes widen at the symbol etched on her wrist.

"You're a Valkyrie" he whispered. His fingers running over the mark before letting go of her hands.

"Not anymore" she muttered as her eyes focused on the fading mark. She'll never be a Valkyrie anymore, she swore it to herself.