Someone Like You

The slight sound of soft footsteps towards the door made my muscles tighten and my blood run fast. With each step, I felt the area around me get warmer. Ignoring my raising heartbeat I snapped out of my frozen state and made a quick step down the hall. Stepping down expecting to hit the pale tile I feel a plastic dog toy instead and feel my balance fall sideways. But in the blur of my vision, I see a figure spring out towards me. In what seems like the flash of a light I feel a strong arm grab my waist and catch me from falling. I look up to see, yea you guessed it... Kim Taehyung. I see but also feel the soft touch of his vibrant red sweater. Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit. I feel my body freeze and the whole world around me slow down and time stop. As I face upwards toward his face I feel like I'm in a dream. His skin is smooth and flawless without any issue. A jawline that could give you stitches and send you to the ER. Lips perfectly sculpted and the sweetest coral color. I make heated eye contact with these familiar kind eyes. I see the same rich deep pools of dark cinnamon color that makes me feel protected and that nothing else matters. Caught in the moment, finally my upright self-slaps my numb self and rushes everything back into reality.

"Oh um I'm so sorry" I express as I immediately note the bathroom door that is open right across from me/us. Feeling the heat of my cheeks burn up I spring into the bathroom door and close it tight and turn the lock behind me. I take a step back calming my shaken up self. I look down at my hands which are now trembling and I take a deep breath and put my ear to the crack of the door frame. A silence and stillness which is soon broke by the same soft but slow steps fade away into another room. I let out a major sigh of relief and annoyance at myself. I put my back to the wall and my weak legs fall to the ground. Why do I have to be so awkward? This feeling that I have never felt before makes me love him even more than I did. Ugh, I hate this feeling but It makes time stop and I feel on top of the world. I have never been in love but if I knew what it felt like... this was it. I peek up to the small window above the sink seeing the endless black that the midnight has to offer. I feel a single tepid tear reach the brim of my eye and glide down my cheek and fall off the tip of my chin. I'm startled by the slamming of a cupboard from the kitchen outside of the door. I quickly stand myself up and once again touch my ear to the cool woodwork of the door frame.

"Are we out of hot chocolate" The end of my lips curls up at the sound of his deep but charming voice. Mmm hot chocolate sounds so good right now. I think to myself. But I quickly stop myself. This is not the damn time to be thinking about hot chocolate.

"I have no idea your the only one who drinks it." I recognize Jimin's voice say. "Oh! Also has Hoseok (JHope) told you if they are on their way back yet?" He adds. After Jimin's question there is just silence and some shifting on the couch most likely from Jimin. "Um hello, earth to Tae" Jimin breaks the silence.

"Oh um no sorry" Tae replies with a small ahem. "I'm gonna walk to the store and pick up some more" As he replies I hear him walk over near the entrance and grab what sounds like a big fluffy coat.

"At this time at night? Why don't you just take the Tesla?" Jimin says as I hear him get up off the couch.

"I have a few things on my mind and I need to get some fresh air for once" Tae says with a bit of restlessness in his voice while pulling open the door. He sounds like he has a swarm of butterflies flying all around in him. Gosh, I just want to run after him and give him the warmth of a loving hug and push away all his worries away.

"Okay well be safe and text me when you're on your way ba-" He's cut off by the slam of the door. After the echoing of the door closing, I hear Jimin let out a small sigh.

"You can come out now, he's gone" I hear. I hesitate at first but then rest my hand on the door handle to turn and push it open. I walk towards Jimin but cut to the kitchen as I slump into the seat at the end of the island.