Teenage Dream

Ruby's POV

Ruby's POV

During class, I was drawing in my journal. I just lost interest in class that I began to draw Oscar. I heard there was a football game at the field, of course, Nora wants to go which makes the rest of us go. Now that I think about it, me and Oscar have grown a lot closer in so many ways. This may sound stupid, but I feel like I'm in a teenage dream when I'm around him.

He always knows how to make me smile, he even knows how to cheer me up when I am down. For the past couple of days, I've been also thinking of ways to show him that I like him, more than a friend way. I was scared about these feelings when I met him, but now? I'm not scared anymore, I know what these feelings are and I know they are real. I like him a lot and Weiss is right, I need to try again someday.

The class finally ended and I walked to the football field and I already saw Nora and Ren, of course they would be here first. I walked over and sat down next to them, the football teams that were playing is Beacon and Haven. I did hear Haven was a good school but it had more beautiful sights.
I also saw Weiss, she was a cheerleader for Beacon and of course, Neptune was watching her against the railing. Pyrrha and Jaune showed up as well and sat next to us, I tried not to laugh when Jaune was wearing his Punkin Pete hoodie.

I smiled big once I saw Oscar, I stood and waves my hands to get his attention. He saw me and waved back, he walked on the bleachers and sat down next to me.
"I didn't know your a football person", he said when he placed his bag down.
"Well, sort of. I mainly came because Nora wanted to."
"I also didn't know that Weiss was a cheerleader. I guess that explains a lot."
"Yup."

We began to laugh and I froze when my stomache growled like a bear. He looked at me and said, "Your hungry?"
"Yeah", I admitted as I grabbed my stomache, "maybe just a little."
"Here, I'll get you something."
"No, you don't have to do that."
"But I want to. It's no big deal, really."

He stood up and went to the snack bar, I quickly went through my back and grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a small note for him. I laid it down in his hoodie and waited for him to come back.
He made it back and he bought some cookies, chocolate chip for me and white chocolate chip for him. He sat down and the game started.

"Thank you for the cookies", I said.
"No problem. My sweet tooth was acting up anyway."
Once again, he knew how to make me laugh.

Oscar finished his cookies and put the package down, I blushed once he saw the piece of paper I laid down, it was sticking out of his black hoodie. He picked it up and opened it and I saw his whole face turn red once he read it.
I wrote down : "You're really cute."
He smiled at me like he knew who wrote it. And he was right, I did.

I scooted closer to him but didn't look at him in the eyes, but my heart was racing. I just continued to scoot as I watched the game, when I was close enough, I laid my hand over his. I felt him flinch but I smiled once I felt his hand hold mine. I scooted closer to him and I laid my head gently against his shoulder, I smiled big when I felt his chin nuzzle in my head softly.

I rubbed his hand and he rubbed back, I leaned more closer to the nuzzles that I closed my eyes because it felt so nice. I was confused when I couldn't feel his hand anymore but I gasped in surprise when I felt his arm wrap around my waist and pulled me even closer. I snuggled closer to where my face was closer to his neck. I closed my eyes and relaxed as he rubbed my sides gently.

"Hey" he said gently and let his arms go but he grabbed my hand, "lets get out of here."
"What? And go where?"
"Not far. Just somewhere we can be alone."
I nodded and we stood up and walked behind the bleachers, Oscar made sure there was no around then he looked back at me.

"Ruby", he took both of my hands in how own, "there is something I want to tell you. Something I should've told you awhile ago."
"And there's something I've wanted to say too." I said. "But you go first."
"I... I... I just really like you", he said as he looked at me in the eyes and rubbed my hands. "I like you a lot."
"I like you a lot too. Maybe, even more than a friend. You see..."

I took my hands away to look at him, "I was scared about this feeling when we very first met. Because I didn't want to get hurt like what Scarlet did."
"I understand", he grabbed my hand, "it's okay. I know you-"
I lifted my hand up to stop him from saying something else, "But now, I'm not scared anymore. I know what this feeling means now, and I believe in it."

This time, I took his hands in my own and looked in his hazel eyes again, "Only thing I'm scared of is how I will say it and if he feels the same way."
"That's what I was afraid of", he gently stroked my cheek and I leaned into his touch. "I was scared that she wouldn't feel the same way."
"Tell me, who is this 'she'?"
"Well, she is very nice, smart and very pretty. She is also very funny, her personality makes me laugh and brighten up when I had a bad day. Now, who is this 'he'?"

"Well, he is awfully sweet, cute, and also generous", I said. "But he was always there for me and he always makes me feel better when I'm down. He always finds a way to get me back up."
"What does 'he' look like?" Oscar had a small smirk on his face, I knew he was teasing me and I played along.
"Black hair, hazel eyes, and the most cutest freckles I've ever seen. Now, what does 'she' look like?"

He chuckled before he began to describe, "Black hair with some hints of red, and she has amazing silver eyes."
He stroked my cheek and made me look up with his fingers under my chin, he smiled as he looked in my silver eyes. I blushed as I looked up in his own hazel eyes.
"His favorite color is orange", I mentioned, "his favorite food is cinnamon rolls."
"Well, her favorite color is red and she loves cookies."

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in a warm hug, I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged back. I also buried my face in his shoulder and smiled as he rubbed my back. I couldn't help but run my fingers through his hair, I wanted to know what it felt like. His hair was so soft, it was almost like a fluffy, soft pillow.

He held me closer and I had to stand on my tippy toes, I continued to play with his hair and I didn't want him to let go of me.
He broke the hug and placed his hands on my shoulders and said, "Umm... would you like to.... go to dinner with me? Tomorrow?"

I smiled big, finally, we were getting closer, much closer then before.
"Would you...?"
"Yes Oscar", I took his hands again, "yes. I'd love to. When? What time?"
"I can pick you up at six tomorrow night. If you like."
"That's perfect."