Rocketeer

Ruby's POV

Ruby's POV

"Oh my gosh!" Nora's eyes almost popped out of her head when I told them what happened on my first date.
"It's about time", Weiss crossed her arms and smirked.
"I think that is absolutely lovely Ruby", Pyrrha said. "I'm so happy for you.  But... do you really like him?"

I looked at the girls and smiled, "I love him."
They smiled big and Nora was trying not to fangirl.
"I knew you would do it Ruby my friend!"
I jumped and turned, but also laughed. "Penny! Where did you come from?"
"Around as usual", Penny smiled, "so did you finally tell Oscar?"
"Yes, I did and well... come on."

I grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the other girls and we were behind a big Oak Tree.
"Whoa! Wha-?"
"Penny, there's something I need to tell you."
"What? What is it? I won't tell anyone."
"Okay, well", I exhaled then said, "I kissed Oscar."
She gasped excitedly, "Where? On the cheek? Head or..."
"Lips Penny." I laughed. "It was lips."

"Is he a good kisser?"
I blushed deeply and said, "Yes, he was good. Actually, way better than I expected."
"What was it like?"
I blushed too hot that I tried to rub it away, "Penny! Please... I... I mean, his lips were really soft."
"I bet they were.  So.. are you guys, together? Together?"
"I... I think..."

"Ruby!" Weiss called my name. "Help me get our picnic set up!"
"Oh, I got to go Penny. Want to help?"
"I'd love to!"

__________________________________________

The sun finally came up and the moon rose, me and Penny were playing with fireflies like we always did as kids.  I was actually excited for Penny to meet Oscar, she has heard so much about him from me but never got to see him. Soon, the fireworks were going to light up the night sky.  I looked up to see the stars and I exhaled, I always enjoyed the night more than the day. 

Because it's when everyone relaxes and enjoys the rest of the day and there shouldn't be a thing to worry about.  I just laid on the soft grass next to Penny and looked at the moon, it wasn't full.  I think it was a New Moon. I'm not sure.

"Good evening."
I opened my eyes slowly and smiled at that face.