20

It was the next morning and I was watching Nik paint as i was reading fan fiction. I heard Rebekah come in.

"What took you so long?"

"Alaric, didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily I'm quite the charmer." I looked up at her and the feeling from the previous day was still there.

"That's it"

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honours or shall I." Nik took the stake and threw it in the fire it roared and i could feel the energy coming from it and took in a deep breath

"Pack your bags we're leaving." I put down my ipad and started messing with my powers no longer interested in the conversation till Nik go my attention.

"Yeah." I looked up

"Did you hear what was said?"

"No"

"We're having one last Hurrah before we leave. Rebekah insist we go to the decade dance."

"Why it will be boring, besides I can think of better things for us to do." I smile up at him. he pulls me up.

"I'm sure that can be arranged"

"But you said we were going. Which means i need a dress."

"I have plenty of Rebekah's old dresses. So back to the main point" I laughed

----------

Nik and I walked into the dance and i looked around nearly every gal was dressed as a flapper and I was no different.

"We're here so where is Rebekah?" Klaus asked and I looked around

"Nik" I pointed over to Tyler

"I wondered where he went" He took us over to Tyler who was dancing with Caroline. He looked over at us as we approached

"Where you been mate?" Nik asked

"I just go back in town" he replied

"That's funny. I don't recall giving you permission to leave in the first place. Don't mind if we cut in do you."

"Yes" Caroline stated

"No" Tyler backed away and Caroline huffed

"Why do you always have to prove that you're the Alpha male"

"He doesn't have to prove anything, Caroline. He is the alpha male."

"Come on Nik, dance with me." I pulled him towards me and he smiled and we swayed

"You would have love the 1920's Chelsea. Girls were reckless, the dance usually dance until they dropped ." I giggled as he turned me around. The song came to an end.

"How about we leave, I don't know about you but you know where this kind of romance leads to." he smirked and we began to leave. He then took out his phone.

"Rebekah call me back immediately. We only came to this dance because you begged and now you are nowhere to be found." I looked in front of us and gritted my teeth. It was a salt line for a binding spell.

"what is this?"

"Your mother's back" i growled

"I knew it, i knew there was something wrong with her." i stormed back inside and through the halls. I found the pool and looked deep into it. I stared for who knows how long.

"What's wrong?" Nik wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm stupid, full on stupid. Rebekah's aura had changed and i brushed it off. Now..." i huffed. He turned me around.

"Listen to me, you are not stupid. You are brilliant and it is one of the many reasons why i love you. So what you made a mistake. You can fix it now by helping us." I sighed

"okay" I walked out and he followed i went to the kitchens and grabbed a bowl. then went back to the classroom.

"what are you doing?" Damon asked me

"Find the bitch of a mother in law. baby I'll need some of your blood" he bit into his hand and let it flow until he healed. I started chanting and I opened my eyes, the blood was floating up and for my eyes only it created the image i saw Elena, Alaric and Esther, they were in a tomb. In a cemetery. I was pulled out and the blood flowed down back into the bowl

"They're in the tomb of the Salvatore's in the cemetery." in informed them.

" okay then" i turned and looked at Klaus he smiled softly at me.

"I'm going to try help with the boundary spell." he nodded and i went to help Bonnie it was another 10 minutes before she Esther stopped fighting.

"It's done" i ran up to Nik. he took my waist and we left. Outside the cemetery there on the ground was Esther's dead body. Nik lifted her over her shoulder and took us home.. I went to Rebekah and pulled out her dagger. I then place it on the table beside her.

"Your trap, failed mother, I live and I will go on living. Let your beloved spirits try to preserve you again. I dare you to come after me. I will build an army so big no one will ever touch me. My survival will haunt you through eternity. You will never destroy me!"  i went over and hugged him from behind.

"Be calm, my love." he sighed and i took him to bed

thin_:'k