Chapter 12

Lucy was looking at Natsu with a gaze that she didn't understand. What is this feeling? Like I can't live without him? Lucy wondered what she was feeling, but she didn't want to rush things as Natsu didn't seem to be interested in her.

Boy was she wrong about that last sentence.

Natsu wanted her, more than she secretly wanted him. She didn't know it, but he needed her as much as she needed him. "Mate." He drew out slowly, like he was just experiencing the hit. Lucy blushed.

He said mate! Does that mean-? Her thoughts stopped producing themselves when she hears a scream of fear. "Wendy!" She shouted, making Natsu growl and run up the stairs.

Lucy's POV

"Zeref, if you touch that little girl, I will kill you!" Natsu shouted, making me follow him.

When we got there, Zeref, I presume, was holding Wendy close to him like she was a lifeline. "Let her go, you!" I shouted at him. The man frowned.

"You're my mate, not my brother's." He whimpered at me. One thing was for sure, I was certain that the man standing before me wasn't my mate. The man delusional. He wanted me to be his mate. I accepted Natsu as my mate and I showed the evil man this by kissing Natsu. Natsu kissed back and the man was enraged. "You're mine!" He shouted.

"I am not yours! Forget it! I don't date psychos!" I shouted at him. I was getting enraged now.

Miss Juvia came into the room in a fit of rage and she punched the man in his chest. She grabbed Wendy and she got back to the safe side. "You monster! She's not your mate, this sweet little girl is and I'm not letting you get either of them!" She screeched at him. The man growled.

"Your mate is still missing, Juvia." The man started.

"Not anymore, Zeref!" A new male voice called out to Zeref. I was shocked to see him shirtless, but I didn't care about that. He's a demon as well? I thought in shock.

"Damn, my day isn't going so well." Zeref commented, making me roll my eyes.

"Please, you tried to kidnap my sister and take me away from my mate! Give me one perfect reason why I shouldn't send you to the bottom of Hell, itself?" Lucy questioned Zeref.

Zeref didn't know how to answer Lucy. He didn't want his mate mad at him. "Love me." He tried again.

I hoped everyone enjoys the chapter!