Paul #1

F R I E N D S

I was waiting patiently at the restaurant table for Mick to show up. He had left a note in my locker this morning telling me exactly when and where to meet him. So here I sat. Waiting.

Mick wasn't someone I thought who'd like me, he was a popular guy when I was not and he was very confident where I wasn't, but I guess the letter tells me I was wrong.

I got so excited when I saw the letter I had rushed home and left Paul to walk by himself. Though I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I had picked out my favourite dress and gotten a hold of my mothers jewellery. I spent what I would normally call too long on my hair and makeup.

I now checked my watch and it was 9:00pm the time he told me to meet him. So I sat and waited.

I started to get nervous, what if he forgot? What if the waitress or waiter came and asked for what I'd like? What would I say? I had already told them to wait four times.  

I flattened my dress and looked at the menu. That's when I was drenched, cold water spilt down me, going everywhere. I screamed and looked backwards to see a bunch of Mick's friends laughing at me.

"Look! She actually came! As if he'd ever go for a ugly freak" one said.

I had tried not to cry in front of them so I ran, I ran out the restaurant and ran all the way to the street I had walked on many times. Paul's.

Paul had been my friend for a while now, he wasn't anyone who stood out from the crowd meaning he didn't get picked on.

I ran to his house and nocked on the door.

A pyjama clad Paul opened the door. His face turned immediately into a frown and rushed me inside.

"What's wrong love? What happened?" His face was concerned and I couldn't help but lose myself there.

"It's M-Mick he, he didn't like m-me at all" I said as tears gushed out. "His m-mates c-came and drenched me" I cried throwing myself onto Paul for moral and physical support.

Paul had let me just cry for a while, gently stroking my hair as I was making his wet, I always liked Paul's hair, it was so soft and dark.

"Listen love, you deserve the world, you are so amazing and beautiful and I have no bloody idea why someone would do that. You need someone who'd treat you right" he definitely as if he knew exactly who he meant.

"B-But no one likes me...I'm a f-freak" I say, my breathing still hadn't come down to normal and I was feeling horrible.

"Now listen here, don't you ever say that about yourself of course people like you and you are no freak"

"Well tell me then Paul, who likes me? I'm not funny, or charming or cute"

"I do"

"What?"

"Y/N I like you"

I looked into his eyes and he meant it. He smiled at me, kind of nervous he had just said that. I smiled back and hugged him.

He looked at me right in the eyes and brought his thumb up to my cheeks and wiped away my tears.

"There no more crying, everything's going to get better"

And with that he cupped my face with his hands and leant in.

Something about that kiss gave me butterflies, I had felt giddy and light headed. His lips were softer than anyone else's I had felt and he kissed me with such love I felt like I wanted to explode. When he leant away he whispered in my ear.

"Y/n I will never treat you badly, you are my best friend and I hope that someday we can be more than that"

***
It's Tuesday! So here's our very own Paulie!

Okay so requested by someone but I have forgotten your @ (so please message me back with it so it can go here) and I am so sorry but I hope you like it all the same.

Hope you all enjoy, feel free to message me with a request.

K.L xx