John #2

L Y R I C S & L U L L A B I E S

I sat on my bed, tears streaming down my face.

I'd just come off a call with my mother. I hadn't seen her in a few months so I decided to check up on her.

What I didn't expect was for her to tell me my father passed away. We hadn't always been the closest but I still loved him.

Ever since John and I moved down to London we haven't gotten a chance to see them at all. That was two years ago already.

My makeup was a mess and I can't even imagine what John would say when he got home, but I didn't care, I buried my head into my pillow and sobbed for what seemed like hours.

I hadn't been fully conscious when I heard the bedroom door creak open, the exhaustion from crying was too much to be fully awake.

"Y/N? Love? What's wrong?" I heard his calming voice fill the room, accompanying my muffled sniffles.

I looked up at him, his concerned expression still fixed on his face. I tried opening my mouth to speak but all that came out was a wail and I lost all my self control and started sobbing once again.

John rushed to my side and held me close, trying to calm me down and kept reassuring me all the while rocking me back and forth like a child.

I felt safe in John's arms, and that helped me calm down a little.
"C'mon lets just get you to bed yeah?"
He laid me down and reshuffled the pillows to make sure I was comfortable.

He then left me and I felt a sudden coldness by my side, but he was soon back right next to me.

He grabbed a warm, wet face cloth and proceeded to clean my face, making sure not to disturb me too much, when he was finished he kissed my forehead and tucked me and himself in bed.

"Don't worry y/n I'm here now yeah? I've got you. Everything will be alright."

~~~

And here's another one, sorry it's short.