Ringo #2

S T A R L I G H T
&
L O N G  N I G H T S

It had been a while since you and Ringo had spoken. Perhaps a few months, you couldn't really tell anymore. You had a fight, about something you can't even remember, but you did remember some of the things you said...

"Honestly y/n if it's such a problem to live with me then leave!" Ringo's voice cracked, he was hurt that you had been looking for other places to live.

You thought keeping the real estates news paper in the recycling bin would hide it from him. Clearly not.

You were not a couple, though you wished you were, just best friends, living with Ringo was hard because he was away half the time, you needed someone to be there for you.

"Yeah well if you were my friend you'd understand that I can't bare to be left alone for months on end!" You spat back, you were angry that he was mad at you for doing such a harmless thing.

"Well what do you expect me to do? Leave the band? That's real selfish of you!" He went over to the sofa and sat down, fingers rubbing his temples. From where you were standing you could see that grey streak in his hair, standing out from the rest.

"I never even said that! And selfish? I'm selfish? No wonder you've never gotten a girl" You had said it, quickly, not thinking and immediately regretting it.

Ringo turned around, his eyes were brimmed with tears, threatening to spill. His eyes showed hurt, but anger was quickly replacing it.

Ringo stood up, got his keys and walked to the door. You grabbed his arm in protest. Fingers digging into his show suit which had been pressed not a few hours ago for his show tonight. Opening your mouth to apologise Ringo interrupted you.

"I think you've said enough y/n, I'll be here tomorrow when you're at work to get my things." His voice lingered with hurt reluctantly you let go of his arm, and watched him walk out the door.

***

Two months later you received a phone call at work, George was on the other line.

"Hello? This is y/n speaking. How may I help you?" You answered in your normal protocol  greeting.

"Y/n, it's George." You immediately straightened in your chair, you hadn't spoken to any of the other lads after what happened.

"Hey Geo, how are things?" You tried to sound innocent but you knew why he was calling.

"Listen, I know you and Ringo had a tiff-"

"It was a bit more than that" You sighed, wishing this would all just blow over.

"Whatever it was, he's not the same, you've hurt him y/n." You winced at his last statement. But anger soon replaced guilt.

"Well he was being difficult too. I didn't mean to say what I did, I really didn't-"

"You shouldn't have, he really liked you y/n, I would even say loved you."

"Of course he loved me I loved him too, he's my best friend... or was"

"I think we both know that I'm not talking about friends here. Anyway, please apologise he keeps on messing up in recording sessions and John's getting pissy about it. See you." And with that the phone line cut.

Of course you had noticed over the years Ringo sometimes blushing at your words, or hugging you for that bit longer. But you never thought he'd like you like that.

You of course had started liking him when you moved in together, but you never said anything, scared he wouldn't reciprocate your feelings.

***
That night, you braved the cold and windy weather to go to Ringo's flat. You hadn't been there yet, but you got the address off of George.

As you walked up to the front steps, you recited your apology in your head. Taking a breath you rang the bell.

A woman opened the door. A young, beautiful woman. Instead of greeting her politely a gruff "who are you?" Escaped your lips.

She laughed and said she was Ringo's girlfriend and if there was anything you needed.

Girlfriend.

"No, no uh, wrong house I guess. Sorry" and with that she closed the door and you walked away.

***

The stars were particularly bright that night, perhaps that was a sign that you and Ringo were never meant to be. You sat, looking out of your window as the rain came down filling the silence that engulfed your room in the early hours of the morning in which you should be asleep. You sighed, knowing that you would never get to tell him how you feel. He must be happy with whoever he's with.

Across London, in a rather large apartment, Ringo sat silently at his fireplace, the warming crackles of the flames kept him from being alone in the early hours of the morning. He sat and thought about someone, about you. And how he'll never be able to say the three words that mean the most to him.

***

Hey loves! Yes this is a sad one (and right after Valentines too) I feel like Ringo doesn't get enough love! So here's this, hope you enjoy it!

Geo next ;)