Ringo #3

Requested by the lovely @marmaladeskies67

B I G  N E R V E S
&
H O R S  D ' O E U V R E S

A/N that's pronounced "orderves" so it rhymes guys ik it's a stretch but lol I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with nerves. Okay sorry back to the story.

"I don't think I can do this Rings, what if they hate me?" Your hands shook as Ringo pulled up to his parents home, this would be the first time you met them.

Ringo looked at you sweetly and put your hands in his. "Love, you're the most amazing thing to ever happen to me, they'll love you just as much as I do"

There he went again, that calming voice and reassuring sent butterflies into your stomach, replacing the nerves that were there before. "Thanks Ringo, I love you". You looked into his bright blue eyes as his grin got even wider.

He kissed you on the forehead and got out of the car, you watched as Ringo walked to the other side of the car to open your door. "Always a gentleman aren't you Richard?" You chuckle and link his arm with yours.
"Always for you love."

As you both approached the door Ringo let out a shaky breath, he was nervous too. You meant everything to him and would be devastated if his parents didn't like you, though he thought that was impossible.

Ringo thanked his lucky stars that he was able to love and cherish the most wonderful person in the world. You were always so kind to everyone you met, he couldn't help but smile every time he thought of you.

As Ringo rang the doorbell he squeezed your hand, he knew everything would go okay.

The door swung open rather rapidly and the couple were greeted by a small woman wearing her best dress and smiling. "Oh Richard how you've grown! Harry come see Richard he's cut his hair again, it looks different than on the telly!"

She gave him a long hug, her husband, Harry had now appeared behind Elsie. "Harry, Mum, this is y/n, my girlfriend" Ringo beed proudly at those words.

You blushed and stuck out your hand for Ringo's mum to shake, "Its very nice to meet you Ms. Starkey" Your voice was shaky but your smile was real.

She shook her head and gave you a hug, which rather startled you. "Call me Elsie love" Her motherly voice calmed you and you warmed into the hug.

***

At the dinner table you spoke to Ringo's parents about your work as a nurse, they were pleasantly surprised that you were the leading nurse at Great Ormunds Street. You saw Ringo beam with pride as his parents gushed over you.

Elsie kept on asking you if Ringo had made enough room in his apartment for you, you had recently moved in and Ringo made sure you were comfortable wherever you were, he even got a piano in the living room because he knew you loved playing it so much.

You assured her that Ringo had been very accommodating and that she raised him very well. "I sure hope so, or else we'd have to have a talk wouldn't we Richy?" She raised her eyebrows playfully at Ringo and he chuckled.

Harry was equally as lovely, he was impressed that you could play more than one instrument as he loved music as a kid too. He retold the story of how he bought Ringo his first drum kit. You smiled thinking about how far Ringo had come from when he was just a small sickly boy from Liverpool.

When his parents went to the kitchen to get the meal done Ringo squeezed your hand. You could feel the coldness if his ratings against your fingers, but to you it was a welcoming feeling that Ringo was with you.

His blue eyes sparkled as he gave you a big grin, "I love you so much y/n, you have no idea" His Scouse accent still gave you butterflies.

You blushed and gave him a peck on the lips, "I think I do, because I love you more Richard"

"Not a chance"

***

Here's another one ! Hope you enjoyed this one, this actually took me ages to write as I needed to remind myself of Ringo's parents (it's been a while don't judge)

Lots of life K.L xx