II. Baby Steps

It was like his heart stopped to only beat ten times faster. He felt overwhelmed as his heart ached just by seeing the side of her face.

He didn't realize he missed seeing her face until he saw the small sad smile that lightly showed her teeth.

And he missed her.

So much.

So much that his heart ached.

Cam on the other hand didn't know what to feel. She loved him, she knew she would always love him because no one made her feel the way he did with the constant laughs and the art and the love.

But all that was destroyed.

All because he was broken.

But he was to blame.

And she stared at the picture with the butterflies stained with different colours and all the broken pieces and the memories slowly came back because she knew she was always his butterfly.

But none of that seemed to matter anymore.

Especially when there's been days where she'd barely eat and days where she couldn't do anything but eat.

And there were times where she'd forget about his green eyes and dimples and then there were times where it would all come crashing down on her.

So it was kind of a big mess.

Because he only thought of work and hickeys and vodka and hotels that she didn't matter anymore.

But in his own twisted way he did.

And she stared and stared and stared.

At who he saw her as but that's who she was.

Now she was a girl with all her hopes and dreams gone with meaningless pictures and an empty heart and barely spoke wise words.

"Cam," he whispered quietly as he let out a quiet whimper. He didn't know if this was one of his twisted sick dreams that taunted his mind.

But god did he need her.

And she heard her name coming from his pink plump lips and everything that she has built over the three years felt like everything was crashing down.

She built a new shield that wasn't Harry but unfortunately her weakness was Harry.

And so her brown wide eyes filled with tears but she blinked them away because this wasn't worth crying about. And so she turned and she saw him.

After three years she saw him with his brown shaggy hair and his green dull eyes with the small smile that faintly showed his dimples.

"Hi," she said faintly trying to piece together what to say but it didn't help that it was raining on a Wednesday and he was wearing her rings around his neck but all she could think about was the hickeys and the false promises.

"Um.. how-how are you?" He was a mess- beyond a mess because he didn't realize how much his heart would hurt until he saw her.

He loved her. In his own twisted way he did.

"How do you think I am?"

And it hurt. It hurt knowing that she was here but not with him and that it was their favourite day and all he could think about was

Cam Cam Cam

And nothing seemed to matter but her.

"I-I. Not good I suppose."

Of course he knew she wasn't at her best because at her best she was always smiling and always had a camera around her neck but now she looked so empty but it also looked like a weight had been lifted off of her chest.