XII. Free

devilsdiamonds this is for you ❤️

They laid on the bed for what felt like forever as their naked bodies were pressed against one another, Cams back against Harry's chest wondering what the hell just happened.

Harry's arm was wrapped around her, holding her so she wouldn't leave.

She would.

She was just vulnerable in that moment.

He kissed the back of her neck, waking her out of her daze as she shivered just a bit, turning herself to look at him one more time in his blissful state before ripping it apart.

She loved him but she didn't want to need him.

"We shouldn't have done that," she said quietly, sitting up on the bed, trying to locate her clothes; only finding her undergarments on the floor, the rest most likely scattered at the entrance.

"What? Why?" He asked almost in panic as she got up from the bed throwing on her underwear and clipping her bra back on. She didn't answer him, in haste of just finding her clothes as well constantly reminding herself what an idiot she was. "Cam," he called when she didn't answer

"Because it was a stupid mistake," she replied, leaving his room to put on the rest of her clothing, Harry putting his boxers back on before chasing after her.

And when he did he saw the tears in her eyes, her eyes looked lost and  in pain as she kept mumbling how stupid she was.

"Camila..."

"You know... I shouldn't have came back," she admitted as she put on her last piece of clothing. "I told myself that I was over you and that I should come back," she finally cried. "But I was fucking wrong and I crawled right back into your fucking arms because I'm so weak."

"What did you expect me to do Cam? Just allow you to leave me knowing that there was a possibility that you would take me back. I don't understand what you wanted from me."

"I wanted you to make me happy. All I've ever wanted was for you to keep a smile on my face and just love me but you didn't and I don't expect you to now because I don't fucking trust you, Harry."

Harry pulled at his hair in frustrating and in pain as he feared that the love of his life will leave and he couldn't bare to- he couldn't lose her again.

"I regret everything. For three years all I would think is how much I wish I never even met you that I just didn't even bother going up to you the moment I saw you under that damn tree." The tears were finally falling but she didn't care anymore, she didn't want to care anymore. She couldn't need him anymore- she didn't. 

"Camila, you know that's not true. You know we were meant to be together. Ever since we met, you knew that there was no one else that could make each other feel the way we do," he argued. "Please don't leave me."

And that last sentence made her eyes pop open and mouth drop wide as she couldn't believe he would say that, that he believed she left him.

"You left me!" She yelled, her voice cracking but she continued. "After everything through the deaths and the pain and the mourning and the fighting I was by your side. But you left me first and you put your lips on someone else's and you were never home and all you did was work and cheat and lie and you made me feel like nothing. You left me in a home that didn't really feel like home you made me feel so fucking useless. It was like I was alive going through a slow and painful death. I was your wife and you treated me as some whore. I might be leaving you legally but you've left me a long fucking time ago so you really think a month would fix all this that I would act like what happened all these years didn't happen that I would simply forgive you for trying to prove your love for me. You are a fucking liar Harry and I don't want to put myself through anymore pain because of you I don't deserve it- I never did."