XI. End

October 22nd 2020

Camila and Harry both woke up at six in the morning still parked at the drive in theatre with sun starting to rise, the deep colours of oranges against the car.

The ride was silent, giving Cam a moment to think about the month that she's been here, almost everyday spending it with Harry.

She learned to mend but not without him- with him and that was the problem she continuously faced.

And it wasn't like her to not know what she wanted except when it came to him and she did want him- she would always want him.

But she wanted to learn to live without him and actually be happy.

Learn to love without regrets.

She loved him and wanted him.

But she wanted to learn not to need him.

"Can we go to your apartment, Harry?" She asked quietly, popping piece of gum in her mouth as he did the same. "I think we should talk."

He turned his head to glance at her quickly to see if their was any trace of emotion he could try to decipher what was wrong. But he couldn't as her face laid neutral.

And so he gave her a small nod, changing their destination... scared of what was to come.

She loved him and he loved her.

That was all she knew- that was all she wanted to know.

She didn't want to think of what if's and what could've been and just do what was right for her.

Harry continued to figure out what she was thinking as they made their way inside the building and up the elevator. Camila keeping her arms crossed so she wouldn't have to feel the need to hold his hand.

They both tried to hide in their own world for so long but it was trying to face the reality of it.

And as the door closed behind him, she opened her bag handing him the stack of papers with watery eyes and shaky breaths. So as he locked the door and turned himself towards her he didn't even have to look at the words on the paper to know what was in her hand as he shook his head in denial and let his eyes fill with water.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be, Harry," she said to him trying to muster up the last of her strength to do this. She had to do this, she had to let him go.

"Baby," he almost whimpered. "Please don't do this. Please don't do this to us."

"I can't keep doing this to me, Harry. I can't keep going back and forth hoping that you'll stay true to your word, constantly doubting that you'll leave me again."

She handed him the papers as she placed them in his shaky hands, not being able to look him in his eyes.

Because she knew that if she did she would see the pain and the hurt in them and he would see them in hers and she just needed to do this.

She didn't want to be Cam and Harry or

Cam

And

Harry

She just wanted to be Cam where she was finally happy for once without the constant need for him and the constant want of endless love.