Chapter 11 - Peace and Chaos

I was finally at peace. Everything was perfect for me. Unfortunately, things weren't going so well for the Overwatch members.

Reaper started to dissipate before everyone's eyes. Commander Morrison looked on in shock as Reaper disappeared into thin air.

"It's over." His voice was heavy.

"Not for you it's not." A woman's voice was at the keyboard and Sombra solidified before them. She blew a kiss at them as she pressed a big red button. "Have fun getting back to your base." She grinned and teleported away, leaving them in stunned silence.

"At least there are no casualti-" Commander Morrison was interrupted by Genji.

"Sage." His voice was hollow. "She's gone."

He turned his body slightly and there I lay on his lap, my face peaceful. Had it not been for the blood drying on my clothes, one would have thought I was taking a nap during a fight.

"Commander?" Angela Ziegler appeared through the door. "How did-" She saw my dead body. "SAGE?!" She rushed over. "SAGE WAKE UP PLEASE!" Angela was distraught, Zinnia was worse. Zinnia collapsed on her knees, tears starting to trickle down her face when what she really wanted to do was curse the world for being so cruel. 

"Commander Morrison." Symmetra's voice sounded over his earpiece. She was panting, and sounded exhausted. "The base..."

"What happened?" His voice turned sharp as he turned away from my corpse.

"It's gone."

________________________________________________________________________________

and of course, those people who know the lore will know that the Overwatch facility was destroyed (i'm only just realising now that I made a slight mistake with the timeline but it's fine) and after that Overwatch disbanded.

i really hope you liked this story/sequel to Hyacinth 
it's been so long since i updated so i really hope you didn't find these last few chapters too torturous to read through heheh

-KittyKatJo2