Epilogue

"Oh, Jesus. Again?" Dianne clutches her forehead.

Terry is laughing behind her, chewing on an apple he just took out of our fridge. "I think it's safe to say that we cannot let my brother near you anymore."

"Like ever," Dianne adds, shaking her head. "The luck you have, this time it'll be triplets!"

We all laugh as I cuddle my expecting stomach. "He's so good with them, though," I say, my eyes wandering to the window where I can see our vast green yard.

And there he is. My mate, carrying four of our children, two on each arm, and even Dianne and Terry's four-year old on his neck.

Bruno and another dog of ours are running after them, trying to snatch two balls out of my children's hands. They taught them so many tricks - they're the best friends in the world. And it makes my heart feel - complete. I'm complete at last.

I guess the Moon Goddess really gave me a blessing, not a curse - I just had to work on her gift to make it work for us. I now know that I could've been happy with Ian, but I would never be complete. Here, I can be who I am - a werewolf. Amongst my own kind. And finally not feel burdened by it. It's a part of me. One I never want to lose again.

"See," I melt just looking at him walk into our house, "this is his romantic way of showing me he's strong enough to carry more kids."

Darius smiles ear to ear, a wicked gleam in his dark eyes. I've gotten so used to that smile in the past six years. "If you can carry ten more children for me in your womb, I promise I'll find some place to carry them on my shoulders," he lowers to let the kids jump off and then they start playing hide-and-seek with Terry's kid, Alack.

"Dione, no hiding on the roof this time!" I yell a warning to our eldest son, who is really going to make my hair turn grey by the time he starts junior high. I guess he'll live up to the name I gave him.

"Of course not," he giggles winking at Terry. He has his father's wild eyes that really suit his feral personality.

"That boy," Terry shakes his head, laughing, "I bet you he'll shift before he turns ten."

"Try like eight," Darius sniffs disapprovingly, but I can see the pride in his eyes that he tries to hide as he starts devouring sandwiches I made.

"Alright, enough of this." Terry places hands on his hips, watching Darius under his eyebrows. "Tell us...how many of them is there in there?" he nods toward my belly.

"Ugh," I wave him off, "you make it sound so creepy."

Terry rolls his eyes, pretending to ignore me. "Spit it out," he insists convincing Darius to tell him about the children I'm expecting this time.

He smiles, placing a hand on my stomach. "I told you I can't tell. It's still too early..."

"Oh, c'mon, last time you were able to tell even-" Dianne trails off as she notices Darius winking satisfactorily at Terry. I follow her gaze and open my mouth angrily, seeing what my mate's doing.

"Oh-oh," Adam giggles to Victoria, "daddy's in trouble."

Victoria sighs, as if annoyed by his silliness. "Daddy can't be in trouble," she moves her curly strand of dark hair from her face, "He's too tough for Mommy to beat him."

"Hey!" I protest, even though I can't disagree with that statement. But daddy can be in trouble in other ways...

"Sorry," Victoria shrugs, as if she was apologizing for simply stating the truth. I sometimes forget she's only three years old.

I look at Darius and shake my head in disbelief. "We girls really are that much smarter right from day one."

He pouts in a masculine way, showing disagreement. "She's just a very rare exception."

"Mhm," I scoff, now observing our other twins, Lila and Dione, our five-year-olds. "Hey, Lily," I call, staring provocatively at Darius.

He narrows his eyes, although I can tell he's enjoying this because they shimmer in the light.

"Yes?" my eldest daughter looks up, putting her doll aside on a carpet. People always ask me if I decided to name her Lila after my Mom or after myself. Truth is, I don't really know - I only knew my son was going to be named Dione. And I wanted a Dione to have a Lila.

"Let's play girls versus boys again," I wink mischeviously.

Darius laughs, then quickly makes a serious face, remembering something. "But baby, you're pregnant, you can't-"

"Uh-uh," I cut him off, standing up, "This time we aren't playing physically." I turn to my two daughters, "you ready to kick some tooshies?"

The girls smile ear to ear, standing up and already running towards me, their hands in the air, as they yell: "Yeees!"

———————
I had to give you an epilogue since you guys asked 🦋 Hope you liked it 💙❤️

Please check out my new book "The Last Red" for more DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA❣️ and very weird lovable characters☺️🙄🙀sending lots of love to you all❣️You guys are AMAZING 💛💙💚