5 | Everett

That Friday, I didn't see Grier at the back to school dance but who could blame her when everyone was whispering about her and James every second.

I was proud of her, even though I still saw her linger around that same group of bitchy girls, I also saw her with some new people who were actually decent human beings like Aniya Brock, Aria Louie, and Paisley Smith.

I wanted to call her so bad, but apart of me just felt like I wasn't good enough to know her or be in her presence, especially when I judged her so badly for five years.

But that Friday night after the dance was over, I saw a familiar car pull into my driveway.

I unlocked the door to see the 'mini Grier' who no longer had on all white and paint all over her body. She walked towards my door with a huge duffle bag and I assumed she was here for Ella's mini sleepover with her friends.

"Hey, Holland. Ella is upstairs." I informed her

She nodded, "Thanks, just to be slightly discreet - Grier is hoping deep down inside that you'll walk to her car."

I grinned, "Thanks for the tip."

"No problem." She ended as she walked inside

I walked to the white, Range Rover as I saw the window roll down.

"Hey, stranger." Grier began

Her hair was up, she had on a well loved YMCA sweatshirt, which I realized it was mine.

I leaned on her door, "Hey, stranger. I didn't see you tonight."

"Yeah, I got lost in writing music. The next thing I knew, I'd fallen asleep in my beanbag with my guitar in my hand. How was it?" She explained

I sighed, "So, so. Nothing special."

"There was talk huh?" Grier asked me

I nodded, "Most of the guys are happy, so don't worry."

She scoffed, "Of course they are. Anyways, do you have time to give it a listen?"

"Sure, do you wanna come in?" I asked her

"That's fine, but I can't stay long. I have to be up early, I'm teaching a dance class, and I have choreography for my senior solo." She said before she rolled up the window and turned the car off

I led her inside of my house that was way smaller than her's.

My parents were in the kitchen drinking wine and talking despite it being nearly midnight.

"Everett is that you?" My mom asked

"Yeah, mom!" I exclaimed

"Come here." My mom ordered

I gave Grier a look as we walked into the kitchen where my parents were.

"Mom, Dad, this is Grier." I introduced them to her

Grier waved, "Hi."

"Nice to finally meet you, Grier." My mom smiled

"We're gonna go to my room, we're working on a music project." I quicky ended as I motioned her out of the kitchen

She followed me upstairs to the first door on the left.

Thank God I cleaned my room.

Grier put her keys down on my desk, "Can I see the guitar?"

I nodded, "Make yourself at home."

I sat down on the swivel chair as she grabbed my guitar and sat on the edge of my bed. She had the lyrics, assumably pulled up on and her phone since it was resting on her knee.