22

Over the next three weeks, I really took time to myself. I didn't go out on the weekends, I just stayed in my room writing music, watching TV, or just thinking.

I ultimately wanted to live a life that was best for me, no matter what other people thought about it.

Unfortunately, I was one of those people that when I needed to find myself, I had a bad habit of shutting everyone out and letting my phone stay dead for a day or two.

This worried, Ev but he began to learn how I functioned when I needed space and let me grow on my own which I was extremely grateful for.

I somehow made it through another week of Scarlett's glares and way too many tests.

"Gray, do you wanna come ice skating with Jude, Aria, and I tonight?" Everett asked me after he walked me to my car

"Finley was supposed to come, but some stuff happened." He continued

Good.

I was quiet for a moment as I thought it out in my mind.

You know you're really tired go home in sleep.

No, no, you have been out in such a long time, go.

"Sure." I practically blurted out

"Cool, I'll pick you up at five." Ev smiled as he walked away

I sighed, "Cool."

I drove home, washed my face, brushed out my hair, and put on a little makeup.

I decided on wearing a white sweater, black leggings, and my white slip on vans even though it wasn't that cold outside.

"I'm going out tonight." I told my mom as I walked into the kitchen

I grabbed a water bottle and the bag of Skinny Pop.

"Where are you going?" She asked me

"Ice skating with Everett, Aria, and Jude. Maybe Chris too?" I answered unsure

My mom glanced at me as she stopped scrolling through her computer, "That's good, it's about time you get out the house. When do the music videos come out again?"

"Tomorrow at five o'clock eastern standard time." I answered

"Are you nervous?" She asked me

I nodded, "People are going to have a lot to say, some good and probably some bad. I guess there's nothing I can do now except go with the flow."

"Don't pay attention to the critics too much, if you're happy with what you put out then that's all that matters." My mom advised

"You're right, but I don't really care about the critics it's more of the people at school." I spoke

"Like I still have the rest of this month, March, April, and May to hear every little thing they have to say about what I'm doing." I continued

My mom shrugged, "Don't let people get to you, live your life for you not for them."

I continued talking to my mom another fifteen minutes about colleges and picking out new clothes for her boutique.

Then there was a knock on the kitchen door and there walked in Everett.

"Hey, you could have texted me." I said getting up

He shook his head, "Nah, I haven't seen your mom in nearly a month and it would be rude of me not to come and speak.

My mom grinned, "Hi, Everett and congratulations on the music video."

"Thank you, how have you been?" He asked my mom