8 | Everett

On Tuesday, Grier didn't even look my way during any of our morning classes together.

She didn't come to lunch, then again she could have been at tutoring.

I caught her talking to Scarlett on the way to Mr. Pala's class, which she didn't say a word to me in that class either. Then again it was a silent class day.

She ran out of Pala's class like she always did for Lionettes.

I went home, I set up my camera and positioned it to where only my lower body was showing plus the keyboard.

"Hey guys, today I'm going to be covering 'Thinking About You' by Frank Ocean, I hope you enjoy." I spoke

I began to play the piano and sing at the same time with someone in mind.

When I finished playing, I uploaded the video to my laptop, edited it, and then uploaded it to YouTube.

I thought about the 100K Youtube plaque that was under my bed, because no one knew about my channel. I wanted it to stay that way even though I'd been doing it since I was a freshman in high school.

I sighed because Grier wasn't snapchatting me back, maybe I was just overthinking it all.

Then again maybe I wasn't, because Wednesday it was the same thing. She wasn't talking or looking at me and she was a no show at lunch.

I looked at her out of the corner of my eye as Pala presented a powerpoint on how shooting on a music video worked, as if we were doing one anytime soon.

"Grier!" I yelled after her after Pala's class

"Just leave me alone, Ev-Everett." She mumbled as she ran down the stairs

I groaned, "What did I do?"

She turned and faced me, "Just go, okay?"

Grier walked out of the arts building towards the gym.

I looked out of the corner of my eye to see Scarlett smirking and laughing.

"Don't play with fire." Scarlett said walking past me

I clenched my fist, "What did you do?"

"Nothing, I just had to remind Miss. Johnson who she was and who you are, a loser." Scarlett said walking away.

Fuck. My. Life.

Only God knew what kind of bull she told Grier.

Just when we were starting to get close.

I went to work, probably came off as agitated to all of the kids because I was. But I had to remind myself, they didn't do anything to me and I couldn't take out my anger on elementary school-aged kids.

On my drive home, my phone started to ring from the last person I expected it to be.

"I'll make this short." Grier started

"My Dad is in a meeting for his Nike line, my mom is at something with my brothers, the car service people won't make it here for another two hours, my tire is flat and it's getting dark and I'm scared. I know you really don't have to do this, especially after the way I treated you, but I forgot how to change a flat even after my Dad taught me multiple times. Well it's not really flat, well it is, but the tire pressure is way down. What I'm saying is that can you please help me?" Grier begged

I was silent for a moment.

Should I really?

Then again this gave me an opportunity to ask her about what Scarlett told her and to fix whatever mess she made.