6

Today was the first night of those Friday nights under the lights.

This year I was a little more excited for football season considering that my little sister would be sharing the field and bleachers with me.

"Alright, go put on your uniform." I told Holland after I tied the ribbon in her hair

Holland jumped up and walked to the bathroom to change.

I sprayed a little hairspray in my hair and began to warm up since it was almost game time.

This was my year, I was captain, someone other than my family knew my singing secret, and no matter how shitty some of my friends were it wasn't going to get to me tonight.

Dancing front row in the bleachers with the other seniors was amazing after being in the back or in the middle for the past three years.

It was also nice seeing my mom frequently taking pictures of Holland and me, because she couldn't believe her baby girls were in high school and on the same dance team she was once on.

"You did so good tonight." My mom hugged Holland and I after the game

"Good job, losers." Jack said sticking out his tongue

"Get together, I need another picture." She ordered us

Holland and I took a cute on just standing next to each other, then me on Holland's back, us doing a kick, and we ended with a funny one.

"Can you send me those?" I asked my mom

My mom nodded.

"So, what are y'all doing after?" My Dad asked us

"I'm going to Addison's for a sleepover with Hannah, Stella, Paisley, and Ariana. I told you this morning, remember?" Holland asked my Dad

Lies, I knew that she was going out with all of her friends with guys to a bowling alley and then sleeping over after. But if my parents knew the whole story, that wouldn't be happening.

My Dad nodded, "Right, try having four kids with busy schedules on top of having on yourself and you would forget the small stuff too, kiddo. What about you Grier?"

I looked around the football field, "Aria and my friend Paisley are coming over, we're just gonna roast some marshmallows and stuff. Gotta run to Target to get it and some skewers or some metal sticks."

"Whatcha looking for Gray?" Holland teased me as I began to smile

I turned away from my family to face the boy coming up behind me who was wearing a black hoodie and jeans.

"Hey, stranger." I greeted him

"Hey, stranger, who knew you could dance?" He teased

"Oh, this is my family. You know Holly, these are my brother Finn and Jack, and my Mom and Dad. This is Everett, he's in my music producing class." I introduced him

My mom grinned, "So you know Grier's little singing secret?"

Ev nodded, "Yes, ma'am."

"Isn't she good? I don't know why she's scared."My Dad put in

"Oh yeah, she's amazing." Everett assured him

"Oh stop it." I blushed

My mom gave me a little look, "Well we're gonna head home, I'll pick up the marshmallow and stuff, Grier."

"Great." I responded wishing my family would go away

I watched as Holland grinned, "Well I have to get my things out of Grier's car, you know what? You can drop me off at Addy's."