Part 10- Love it Dissipates

Ink's Pov

It's been peaceful for the last little while. Nothing disturbing us but the sounds of the forest. Some point during are quite sitting time we began leaning into each other and we said nothing about it so this is happening now.

I was actually kind of enjoying my alone time with Error and not having the feeling of panic twenty-four seven. That was until I see something out of the corner of my eye floating down the stream towards us that should umm not be floating down a stream. I turn my head to see Blue starfish floating on top of the water looking lifeless. Error copied my actions and we watch Blue float towards us. The water pushes him calmly and it makes him turn slowly because of it. He lightly bumps up against our legs and then we continue to watch him float away.

"...Should we do something?" Error says in a flat tone, not taking his eyes off Blue.

"Uh noooooooo- wait, actually, let's just see if he's alive at least." I get up and head towards a long branch I saw and picked it up. I began lightly jogging to catch up to Blue and notice Error still sitting in the same place having no intentions of helping. I don't blame him. Blue has been really annoying resonantly. Well, more than usual. I don't know what the hells been going on with him. But since I'm the 'good guy' or whatever, I have to do something.

I get to the side of the river and lift the stick, whacking Blue with it. An 'oof' type noise escapes his mouth and he begins flipping out like a fish out of water.

I turn to Error to see if he's still watching "He's alive!" He replies with a simple thumbs up.

"Ink?" Blue begins to frantically look around for me.

"Yeah, it's me" He turns to me and immediately brightens up. I throw the stick into the water not having a purpose for it anymore and Blue goes to fetch it like a dog. At least that will keep him busy.

As Blue swims out (with the stick in his mouth) I walk back over to Error. I overhear Blue trying to catch up to me with the squishy noises of his clothes. Error looks up and smiles at me as I give him my hand to help him up.

"Oh...." I hear Blue stop and I turn back to see him looking Error up and down. That radiating happiness fading by the second.

"So what happened exactly?" I turned to him confused motioning towards his soaking wet clothes. A confused/shocked look immediately shot to his face.

"I FELL IN THE RIVER!!!" He shirked in panic "Didn't you guys hear me!?!" Oh, so that's what that was... I slowly looked over to Error hoping he had an answer.

"....no" I stretched out the word longer then I should of but it looks like Blue believed me anyway. He sighs and starts ringing out his scarf, a flood of water coming out of it. Error snorts and laughs a little staring down at the floor. Blue shoots his head up, glaring at Error. At least I think that's what he's trying to do.

"What's so funny?" Blue mumbles to Error.

"Nothing, nothing" Error laughs a little more "sorry, it's just funny to imagine you falling into the river" he snickers some more and I try to hold back a growing smile.

"It's not funny" Blue whines like a child "I'm lucky I didn't die!" Blue begins pouting.

Error rolls his eyes "yeah so lucky" Error mumbles. Blue glares daggers at him or at least try's to. I copy Errors actions and snort at Blue.

I lazily point my finger at his face "that's cute" I say sarcastically an amused smile growing on my face.

Blue looks at me shocked and slightly heartbroken "T-that was rude!" His face drops as he looks at me "I'd expect that from him but not you!" He looks down at the ground, thoughts filling his brain. "This is his fault!" He shoots his head up pointing his finger at Error. I look over at Error confused and he does the same, he shrugs at me and turns his attention back to Blue. "Ever since you started hanging out with him you've become more distant, colder, less nice-"