Part 16- Only Love

Errors P.O.V

In a little fit of dying giggles, me and Ink are rushing out the door. Ink leading the way as he pretty much drags me behind him with my sleeve as we trip over our shoe laces, making us giggle even more.

Ink was quick to pull us away from the chaos before we could get roped into cleaning up. I know it's our fault but I think me and Ink both mentally agreed to not take responsibility for our actions.

I take a giant inhale, the outside air filling my...uh "lungs" and giving me the much needed refresher from all my laughing.

We stop our light running near the trees close to Blues house... the beginning of the forest...

"I can't believe that just happened!" Ink laughs in disbelief, leaning against the tree. "You, Error Destroyer of worlds just did something cool!?"

Hey I can be cool-

"You're the one who didn't stop me!" I retort back after brushing off the now shattered parts of my self-esteem. Laughter still in my voice.

"Aye, you said mystery powder!" His grin somehow grows wider as he speaks. "How could I say no to that!" He plays dumb and I can feel my heart swell at his teasing. I've never realized how much I've missed this. "Plus if it was coke I thought it'd help our chances of winning" he smirks at his own joke making me laugh more.

"You're such a goof" I roll my eyes at him, the words tumbling out of my mouth before I can stop 'em.

"But I'm your goof" he retorts back before I can even realize what we're saying. His stupid perfect grin still strong as he says it but there's now a certain look in his eye I can't figure out.

Did- wha.. Did he jus- is this flirting?? Is this what flirting is? No. He can't be, why would he be?

This is a buddy buddy thing. This is what buddy buddies do. He doesn't look like he regrets saying it. His mood didn't flaunter. He wouldn't be flirting with me and if it was a slip up he'd say he's joking... This has to a buddy thing.

"Ya, okay, whatever" I say light heartedly with an eye roll trying to not show how much those stupid four words affected me. Cause they really affected me-

A bunch of crashing noises and a shriek from Blue interrupts our little moment. We both jump and turn towards the house. Our smiles slowly relax back to a normal size as we turn back to each other.

For some reason we just....we just stare at each other for what feels like longer then necessary. A comfortable silence around us. We're just kind of just taking each other in. Both of us in our inner thoughts about the other, both of us deep down hopping for something to happen.

At least I hope both of us...

Ink clears his throat well shaking his head, his same blank look back on his face much sooner then I'd want it to be. "I should head back... Blues gonna kill me if I don't help him clean up a mess like that." He says reluctantly, gazing back at the house.

Neither of us move.

Both just staring again.

It's just us...

Slowly the realization that this isn't normal begins to settle in. That moments like this don't happen.

They don't happen and... shouldn't.. happen.

I wish deep down that this could be normal. That a moment this nice shouldn't feel wrong.

A moment so perfect taken away so quickly. Almost like it never happened.