Part 13- Reaper Man

Nightmare P.O.V

Where the hell could he be? He does know it's poker night. Errors never this late.

My foot hits something as I walk. I look down and pick up a bent overly used... Notebook? I pick it up to see its filled with drawings. The newest one being of some buildings. There's nobody around so I continue to look at the drawings.

The one of the buildings is really well done. I look up from the scribbler to the buildings out in front of me. I then look up to the building next to me. These buildings look like they've been drawn from a higher standpoint. Wait a second.... The person must have dropped there book! I guess they wouldn't mind if I returned it to them. I'm like a detective. But a really cool looking one.

I reach the top of the building to see a sitting figure in a black hoodie. I walk closer to him and he turns back to me. It's Error... And he has this really dopey grin on his face. He stares at me for a second then quickly gets up like something just electrocuted him. "Oh uh hey Nightmare! What are you doing here?..." He looks around for a quick second.

"Looking for you actually. Then I found this notebook and... Wait..." I give him a weird look.  He stiffens at my words.  "Is this yours?" He doesn't move.

"Uh..." He looks down at the book then back at me. We stare at each other for a bit "yes" he deadpans. I stare him down for a bit to see if he's lying.

"You're really good! And you need to calm down. I didn't look at any of your drawings" He seemed to believe my lie because I notice his body relax.

"Y-yeah, yeah... I've been told I'm pretty good" he gives me a lazy grin. I guess he doesn't want anybody to know about his secret talent.

Error P.O.V

What the hell!? Why would I say yes?! Why would he ask that!? Why is he here? I'm screwed!

How long has he been here? He might have seen Ink walk away and is now pulling my leg to see if I'll crack! Everybody knows I'm a shit lier... But Nightmares really naive too...

He hands the notebook to me and it takes me a second to realize to grab it. At least I have a new reason to see Ink again.

Nightmare grabs his phone and shoots someone a message. "We're all ready for poker night. Let's get going." He leads the way back to the hideout and I follow like a lost puppy. "The loser has the same punishment as always. Throwing the next prank on the good guys and it better be better than last time"

Shit! I don't know how to play poker! We usually just played extreme frisbee back at the old timeline! Maybe I can convince them to play that instead. The pranking thing too. That's also bad.

We then arrive at the base. Everyone is circled around a round table all set ready to play. Dust even has one of those weird green hats on.

I did try sliding in the suggestion to Nightmare about playing extreme frisbee but he's very set on to play this poker game, he really wants to keep his winning streak.

"What took you so long? We were just about to play without you." Said Cross while shuffling the deck of cards.

"Don't ever play without me, that's an order! You hear me! Anyway, I was just picking up Error here, did you know he's super good at art? His really good." Said Nightmare. The little shit can't keep a secret either.

"No way, I thought he was horrible at making stuff, let me see." Said Dust doing a grabbing motion with his hands.

"Umm... no," I said unsure if I really should show him this book, I have no idea what Ink draws for fun, all I saw him draw was stupid buildings.

"Come on Error, show us!" Said Dust with everyone else agreeing with him.

"...Fine." I said as everybody's faces light up.

I then walk over to the table and sit down next to Cross on my left and Horror on my right, who smells like blood, and it definitely isn't his.

I then very quickly flip through the pages to see if there is anything good to show them. My fucking God. I think Ink has a Problem, these are the most fucked up drawings in the world, what goes through this guys head, my God. I try to keep a straight face but it is definitely hard to do, I might as well just go and show them the building drawing, it's the only non-fucked up drawing in there.

I then open to the page of that drawing and show everyone, all their eyes light up with surprise, not really believing that I'm this good, which I'm not.

"Wow, that's really surprising. Now let's stop dilly-dallying and start the game already." Said Killer inpatient and waiting for the game to start.

"Um, can I sit out for this one?" I said smiling kinda nervous.

"Um? Um?! Um no? He made a deal that we would never pussy out of a game, now get your cards and play!" Said Nightmare.

Just to make it short, I lost and Nightmare won. I had no idea what I was doing and everyone was really shocked at how bad I was playing I tried to say "It isn't my lucky day." Or "I got bad cards." But in reality, I had no idea what I was doing.

"So, what should be his punishment?" Nightmare said turning to everyone else.

"Oh! I heard about this contest blue is holding?" Cross said pointing it out.

"Perfect" Said Nightmare.

982 Words

Yay, finally another chapter.