Part 12- Mouth Of The Devil

Inks P.O.V

Everybody In this sad town is too busy doing other stuff to do anything cool with me. The only one not busy was Dream and... uh no, thanks. Nothing has been happening recently. The only thing that has been happening is the fights with Error and his gang but it gets boring when you win every time. Plus I don't get reactions out of people when I mess with them anymore. The only thing that sounds interesting is this party Blues been telling me about. Sadly that's not for a couple months. How hard is it for a guy to get crunk with a couple of his boys?

I honestly don't know what to do so I just go to the top of a random building with a sketchbook. I doodle some of the buildings out in front of me. No reason why they just look nice. It's a nice time passer.

There was a noise coming from behind me. I turn towards the noise to see Error just staring at me hovering over my shoulder. "Oh shit I uh Sorry, didn't me to distract you." He jumps back a bit like he's the one that should be scared. I look back down to my sketchbook "Those look pretty cool." Error speaks up again, referring to the buildings on my page. I throw the book off the side of the building to the ground. He does not need to know whats in there. Error begins to laugh as he looks down to where my sketchbook now lays. "I think you hit someone." He laughs a bit more. The thought of that is pretty funny. He turns back to me moving away from the ledge. It would have been so easy to push him off just then... Wow uh... that was pretty morbid.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, staring him down.

All he does is shrug "I was bored and wanted to see the view." He gestures towards the sky and buildings I was just drawing. "Is this a normal hang out place for you?" He's not as confident as usual and I can tell. He's moving on to the back of his feet, his hands are in his pockets and he keeps looking in other directions. He's being a bigger wuss than usually.

I get up and dust the bottom of my pants "It was." I give him a smile indicating he's the reason why I'm leaving. "I go here when I want to get away from people. Which is often." I don't know why I just told him that but hopefully its good enough to end the conversation. I began to walk away.

"That's a lie."

I give him a questioning look "What do you mean 'That's a lie'?" Just from looking at him I see that his nervous behaviour vanished.

"You hate not being around people. You're only ever up here when you're moody or lonely. I'm guessing everybody's to busy for you?" Error seems shocked after saying that. "I mean I'm just guessing!... You seem like an extroverted person...That's why I thought you were..." His sentence trails off as he shrinks back into his unconfident position.

How the hell does he know that? He never talks to me. This is probably the most interaction I've had with him all year. He better not have learned to read minds or something. I don't even understand why he didn't just let me leave. He's frecking me out... and know I'm kind of interested.

I move towards him "How do you know that?"

"No ReAsOn. Just A GuEsS" His voice cracked like a 14-year-olds.

"Whatever." I shrug it off thinking of something else I could do to entertain myself. I choose to sit back down. Maybe if I don't say anything and act like he's not there he'll leave.

He's becoming more uncomfortable by the second. Just staring off into the distance..... He's not going to leave.

"So uh..." He decides to speak up. He's uncomfortable around me for some reason. He's probably scared that I'm going to whoop his ass. "Fun fact!.." A small laugh "I had a dream about you" He continues to stare out into the distance. I slowly turn to him. There's confusion all over my face. Should I even ask him what it was about?

"I... uh... what?"

"You died in it for some reason. It was uh... Really weird." He finally makes eye contact with me. Realization hit me like a train on a track. That's why he's being weird around me. Thank the heavens it wasn't a romance dream. I would have shit myself if he said that.

"At least your not a psychic or something. Then we should really be worried." Holy shit. What if he actually is and this is his way of breaking the ice to tell me I'll be dead soon. That's no fair! I wanted my death to be a surprise.

"I'd be the worse psychic. I can barely read let alone someone's palms." He sits down next to me. Usually, this would be my cue to leave but I was bored as shit and this seemed more interesting than leaving to go draw. "It'd be a cooler ability then what I have now though."

I roll my eyes at him "Come on, you got those cool webby thingys you can use to kill things. I got a paint brush and buckets full of emotions."

"Yet you can still somehow never lose even with those crummy powers you got." He shoots back at me.

"Well obviously. I never said you were any good with your abilities." It's been awhile since I used sarcasm like this. Mostly because Blue doesn't understand it's sarcasm when I say it so I just give up. Error begins to laugh. Something... I have never heard. I didn't think he was capable of showing joy. It's a nice laugh.

"I would agree with you but I think your head is big enough as it is." He nudges me a little as I scoff at his dumb reply.

"God at least I'm not like Dream. That guy wouldn't understand modesty if it hit in the face. 'I've cooked better than this but thanks for the attempt ' Or 'Thanks for being my back up in that last fight guys' he's an ungrateful little shit." I do my best to impersonate his dumb voice. That's not even the worse though. Me and Blue just ignore it though.

Error nods in agreement "Nightmare, never stops complaining about him. I'm surprised he can even stand him for more than 10 minutes." He was right. That guy has more patience than I ever will and I have to hang out with Dream every day.

For a while, we just sat there talking. No one being able to see us so there was no need to be worried. It was really easy to talk with him. We talked to each other as if we've been friends for years. I'd bring up something though and he would have no idea when and what I was talking about. I guess his memory is as bad as mine.

I could see the sun disappearing slowly from up here. Obviously, that meant it was getting late. Error noticed it too. We both get up and awkwardly stood near each other. I'm not doing this. This is weird.

I give him a pat on the back "This was fun." I began to walk away and he isn't making any movement to follow me.

He does say something though "fun enough to do it again?" He smiled waiting for my answer. It was a simple question but I choose to think about it more. Is this him trying to build a friendship? Or is he trying to fuck with me? It can't be the second one because he's a god awful lier. Whatever my answer is will seal my fate. Wait, what? No, it won't.

I shrug realizing that I don't give a shit about fate and good/bad decisions. I'm bored often and my friends get busy. I need some sort of distraction.

"Only when my friends are to busy for me." I throw back at him. His smile grows and he watches me leave.

Don't know what just happened but I don't care too much. Even if this is a mind game I don't really care enough to stop playing. Plus it's kind of fun.

I began walking home without looking back. I want to get back before it gets dark. I can't help but feel I forgot something though... Whatever.

(1460 Words)

This chapters short but you should know that there will be two chapters out each month now! And I can't just procrastinate with these... Me and Mars made a bet... Next chapter should be out soon.