Chapter 4

Warnings: Slight NSFW (just a heavy make out scene). Angst and tears. Mentions of attempted self harm. Use of Medication

Info: Kawaii~chan's design in this chapter is based off of the new MMD model of her going around YouTube.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hesitate before knocking on the door, waiting patiently for someone to answer. Unfortunately, that someone is Katelyn. She groans when she sees me.

"She's in her room." I nod and push past her, making a Beeline to the stairs and walking up them. Its been two weeks since this all started and Aphmau's been telling me to tell Nana, but I still can't bring myself to do it. There's a loud thud as I crash into the wall. I groan and rub my head and a door opens a bit further down the hall, Nana poking her head out.

"Zane? Are you okay?" Her soft voice immediately brings me to peace and I blush.

"Y-Yeah. I was lost in thought and didn't pay attention to the wall." She steps out into the hallway and I feel my face heat up immediately. She's wearing incredibly short high waisted shorts with a pink tank top that seems to cut off right at the pant line.

"That's a new look..." She smiles and twirls around.

"Do you like it?" Her voice is cheery like always and I swear, she'll be the death of me.

"Of course. You look amazing no matter what." I smile despite the mask covering it. She walks over to me and takes my hand in hers and I make a strange noise as she suddenly pulls me into her bedroom. She shuts the door and Im quickly greeted with an amazing amount of pink. I take my mask off and turn to look at Nana. She gasps and grabs my face in her hands, squishing my cheeks.

"You got them?!" She asks. I nod slowly.

"A week ago." Her amber eyes flick down to the snakebite piercings, her thumb gently touching one of the little studs. I force myself not to wince. I grin and mimic her words from earlier.

"Do you like it?" I ask, even making my voice a bit higher, teasing her. She sticks out her tongue, but she nods. She suddenly leans in and presses a soft kiss to the area.

"Chu~" I feel my heart swell and I can't help but take her into my arms, kissing her. //I have a headcanon that Zane and Nana are a really cuddly and lovey dovey couple behind closed doors.

"Why are you so cute?" I ask, pressing a kiss to her jaw. She giggles and runs her hands through my hair. She's the only one allowed to touch my hair. I feel her move my hair out of my face, showing off my blind eye. I recoil a bit, still not used to showing it.

"And why are you so handsome?" I chuckle and kiss her again and she hesitates before grabbing onto my hair gently and tugging me a bit closer. We melt into each other, our bodies slotting together perfectly. I cup her jaw, tilting her head a bit to deepen the kiss, my other hand sliding to the small of her back to the base of her tail. I discovered pretty early in this relationship that its a very sensitive spot on Meif'was. She lets out a soft noise and she claws at my sweater and I mean claws. You see, she never has short nails. I don't know if its a fashion thing or just a Meif'wa thing. I have to grab her hands to keep her from ripping my sweater to shreds. She breaks the kiss and pulls the sweater over my head and only when its too late do I remember the bandages on my arms.

"Wait, Na-" I get cut off when I see her face. She's holding my sweater in her hands, but she's staring at my arms.

"Zane... Wh-" I can't stop the sudden wave of anxiety that overwhelms me. I back up, wincing when I hit the wall. The buzzing in my head in strong and I see Nana saying something, but it feels like I have cotton in my ears. Completely caught up in the moment, I rush out of Nana's room and run down the stairs. Katelyn looks up from the couch and she opens her mouth, but I ignore her and flee the house. I run across the street to my house and I run in, slamming the door behind me. I fall back against the door and break out in sobs and ragged breathing as I slide to the floor. Garroth quickly flies down the stairs and stops when he sees me. I curl up into a ball and thankfully, Garroth doesn't touch me, but he does sit down in front of me as I cry. What feels like hours later, I stop crying and I peek up to see Garroth still sitting there.