EPISODE ONE

violet knew pattie was up to something as she watched her friend re-pin her hair clip in different areas. "behind the ear or high enough that it shows?" pattie asks, looking at her reflection in her compact mirror.

"behind... what are you up to?" violet adjusted the straw of her juice box, holding it up to take a sip, only to realize it was finished a moment ago.

pattie grinned, "there's this guy-"

"here we go." violet tsk-ed, shaking her head.

"he moved into my creative writing class- he said it totally wasn't his idea, i believe that completely. anyway, i invited him to hang out with us at lunch." violet shuddered as she practically felt pattie's excitement radiate onto her.

"he is really cute.. like.. uber cute."

"ew, pattie, i don't think i've ever heard you say 'uber'. i don't like it!" violet joked, covering her ears playfully.

pattie just lightly smacked her shoulder, rolling her eyes.

"what's this guy like, anyway?" she questions, "he's like... not be be cliche, but unrealistic, in a way." pattie props her hand on her right hand, "totally perfect for you, vi."

if violet had some juice left in her juice box, she'd take a sip from it then spit it out in shock. sadly, her juice ran out and she couldn't just spit out nothing to make an excuse to ditch the conversation of her nonexistent love-life.

"pattie, I don't think this "dream-boat" would even consider me an option. you're like really pretty and every guy is at a loss for words when they're alone with you."

violet would know, her last several boyfriends she had have been so interested in pattie that they blush at the mere mention of her.

"he's so not interested in me. besides, if you could put your weird romantic novel type of guy into a real boy, it would be him." pattie states in her soft, reassuring tone.

"gosh- pattie, I don't-"

"shh! i see him!" pattie hushed, she waved her hands to catch his attention. violet turned to see a boy walking toward them.

he had dark brown hair that almost appeared black, but the lighting behind him gave away the rich chocolatey tones of his magnificent  hair. his figure was slim with nice broad shoulders, he practically towered over the people around him. the look on his face was ominous, any emotion undetectable on his lips that were pressed into a fine line. his eyes were dark as he peered over the crowd of unrecognizable faces.

he reminded violet of the male lead in her book, it's almost like he could play him in the live-action take of the book.

violet quickly turned back around.

he's beautiful.

oh how badly she wanted to run. "hey, pattie. sorry i didn't get here right away, i had to go to the west building to turn in some overdue work." he said, sitting down at the table.

"no, it's alright. this is the lovely violet." pattie gestured to violet, who wanted to shrink into her sweater and never come out.

he turned to look at violet. their eyes locked and she stared into his deep brown eyes, searching for something unknown to her. after a moment of silence between the two, a lopsided grin found its way on his face, "doesn't talk much, does she?"

violet snapped out of the haze, a blush creeping onto her face as she heard the scouse voice of the guy before her.

"nah, she talks. just not very often to people she doesn't know." pattie sent a confused glance at violet, why was she acting this way?

violet was utterly embarrassed, she couldn't show it, though. she coolly rested her head on her hand. "sorry, not used to seeing real life versions of tim burton animations." she feigned a relaxed nature, reaching down into her bag to pull out a book.

a light smirk plastered onto his lips, "you don't sound like you're from here. american?"

violet nodded, "what's it gotta do with you?"

"god, vi!" pattie's eyebrows knitted together, "why are you so defensive?"

violet shrugged, opening up her romantic novel, flipping to a page she likely read already. she felt the air tense and she hoped they'd just leave her be.

he turned away from her and started chatting up pattie. "that exam is coming up real soon."

that was the last violet heard of the conversation, she glanced at the ethereal boy from the side of her eye. disappointment washed over her as she saw the gorgeous smile resting on his face as he looked at pattie. It was a look she'd seen before on her past boyfriends when they watched pattie.

another one for pattie.

a/n;
writing this so i can have some creative tea for my other story. y'know how that goes.