EPISODE THREE

george was pretty quiet.

he often let pattie ramble on and on, violet shook her head at this, clutching her first tightly.

god, they'd be so cute together.

she watched as they walked into the school gates, pattie by his side as she looked up at him and smiled.

he looked down at her, not in a smiling nature.

it was something violet couldn't describe, admiration, maybe?

it had been a week since violet was introduced to the real-life victor bataille. he already has become such a key role in their little two partner relationship, making it now a three people thing.

violet didn't mind it, she just misses when her and pattie would be together.

george has been keeping pattie rather busy, violet hardly spoke to her in real life, only through text messages.

violet wasn't much for physical social interaction anyway, but it felt weird to only see pattie here and there when they used to glued to the hip. now, george and pattie had become synonyms, for george was near pattie all of the time.

she didn't want to admit it, she really wanted to push the feeling deep inside her. she felt like a third wheel and she was.

it was a bit awkward to follow the pair around, so violet stopped walking with them. she paused in the fall air, watching as pattie and george carry on, not noticing violet wasn't walking beside them anymore.

it left a bitter feeling in her chest that she knew she caused.

why did she stop walking with them when she could've just spoken up and said something like, "hey! your lovey act has me left out, you fucking melons!"

but violet didn't.

she was glued to the concrete sidewalk, too stiff to take any steps toward the two.

she watched as the bronzed leaves blew around the pair, not hitting them at all. they stood out against the monochrome grey skies of liverpool, vibrant and glowing somehow. pattie neared closer to george, who stayed at his own distance. they walked so close that if george were to slightly raise his hand, he'd be holding pattie's own hand.

it was the prettiest thing violet had seen.

a scene out of a romantic novel.

and she wasn't in it.