EPISODE FOUR

"make some room."

violet looked up from her book, pattie stood there, her blue eyes staring brightly.

"why?"

"george is sitting with us!"

violet tsk-ed, "doesn't he have friends?"

violet had none. just pattie, who george had been borrowing for a portion of the two weeks they'd been together.

"do you have friends?" pattie asked, reaching for her book, shutting it closed rather softly.

violet cleared her book bag from the spot across from her, "touché."

pattie sat down, sliding violet the lunch she bought her. violet hated standing in line for lunch, especially because she never even knew what the menu was.

"anyway," violet started, "why do you always want george around? he doesn't say much, anyway."

violet felt a weight lift from her shoulders, the discussion she only dreamt of would finally take place. "so he can grow on you, duh." pattie swallowed the bite of pasta, "i think you'd be cute together."

violet snickered at the idea, "sure you keep him around for me."

it's not like violet really got to talk to george. he just talks to pattie and gives violet a few glances here and there. "i do, i know you like him!" pattie sang.

violet gave a distasteful look at pattie, "no, i don't. what about 'not my type' do you not get?"

"who's not your type?"

george sat down at the table, his food in hand.

violet almost had a heart attack by his voice, but quickly calmed when she recognized the scouse sounding dialect.

it was such a contrast to violet.

he looked so dark and composed, but his voice was all 'yer doing tha wrong' and he kinda pronounced his name like 'joj'.

"you." violet deadpanned, her heart raced as she said this. the newfound cool aura that she threw on in george's presence was a bit weird for her.

pattie gave a fake laugh, sending a gaze of 'what the fuck' to violet.

george looked down at violet, "not your type, huh?"

violet shook her head, "not really, no."

pattie smacked her hand to her face, she couldn't believe how violet was acting to george.

"pity." george said lowly, loud enough for violet to hear.

pattie started up a new topic of the project in the class they had together, unknowingly excluding violet from the conversation. violet just sat there quietly, stunned from what just happened.

that night, violet's mind wandered back to george's words.

"pity."