EPISODE TWELVE

it had been maybe a week since her encounter with george.

she thought it would change everything between their friends, but to her surprise, things carried on as usual. the only difference was that paul was now a certified member of their team.

it was refreshing to have paul there, even with his longing glances at pattie when he thought nobody was looking. he was a joy to have around.

george, on the other hand, was a bit more cheeky than he had been with the two girls. it's like now that paul joined their little group, he had to amp up the theatrics. maybe it was a male dominance thing she didn't understand.

things between her and george were basically the same, as well. though, she could feel a change, but she wasn't quite sure what it was. it was only awkward between them when violet thought of the ferris wheel, so, she decided to trash the memory. well, at least when she's speaking to george, anyway.

"so, you guys going to our game, in a few days?" paul spoke up, swallowing his food with a sip of his drink.

he looked at the resident blonde first, who shrugged before speaking up, "i may have tryouts. when is it?"

"george'll text you, right, george?"

said boy waved them off with a swift hand movement, busy wolfing down the food in front of him.

"well, vivi?" paul said, throwing his best puppy eyes on and jutting his bottom lip out, "it's our first game, not to mention we made varsity this year."

she nodded at the information, almost forgetting that the two boys' company was on hold for the week. they attended tryouts for five days and who knew! they made varsity.

violet didn't want to admit that she totally forgot the two even played sports. paul was definitely built for it, but it slipped her mind until right now. her foot moved to gently kick his sports bag, smiling over at paul.

"if pattie goes," violet lazily answered, sending a grin to paul. in return, he flicked a pea at her, "you aren't siamese twins, ya know. you can be without the other," he snickered.

"i don't want to be alone watching a game i know nothing about," violet thought aloud, biting into her sandwich.

"what do you mean- violet, i thought your father played football in college? you always said he made you watch his tapes." pattie inquired, quizically looking to her best friend.

"in america, yes. american football. for american's, football and soccer aren't interchangeable names for the sport. just called soccer where i'm from," she said, "i know zip about soccer."

"oh yeah!" paul smacked himself lightly, "almost forgot about that, silly americans," he sighed harmoniously, sipping his drink once more.

"almost forgot you were a foreigner," george swallowed, giving violet a cheeky grin, "foreigner."

violet feigned an offended face, "brits, always talking down and perched on your high horse," she lazily shook her fist like she'd seen elderly people on cartoons do.

"what else do american's say wrong?" paul thought aloud, tapping his chin as he looked up at the ceiling, then back to george.