A Defender

It was a long shot coming here, this he knew, but lately he couldn't stop thinking about her

It was a long shot coming here, this he knew, but lately he couldn't stop thinking about her. T'Challa felt bad enough there was a rift in their friendship . He hadn't seen her in 13 years. Though it wasn't an excuse, He had been extremely busy with his father learning all things related to as well as preparation for T'Chaka to step down from the throne and for T'Challa to take his place as both King and Black Panther some day. As he got older, he was given more responsibility as the Prince of Wakanda. Shaking hands, kissing babies...he'd even been on a few missions. Not to mention training nonstop.

Being The Black Panther was much more than the power of the heart shaped herb bestowed on you, it was also what was in your own heart that matter. What you were willing to fight for, who you were fighting for, and why you were fighting. It was about having courage, understanding, knowledge, and empathy. About picking your battles wisely demonstrating tact and strength. These were all the qualities and traits he strive to prove to not only, himself, but his father and his country that he had every day.

Unfortunately his friendship with Akasha suffered as the Jabari tribe had isolated themselves from the rest of Wakanda long ago and since had been considered outsiders. He didn't want to subject her to the unnecessary scrutiny she may have received from the rest of the council let alone his parents. He refused to put her in a position to be judged.

Today though, he woke up with Akasha on his mind and had to see her. A few times in the past, he had shown up to they're spot only to find she wasn't there. T'Challa couldnt blame her though. He figured she had stop showing up months ago, after her failed to show up himself.

To his surprise, she was there. She sat it in the middle of the grass Indian style with her hands in her lap, eyes closed surrounded by candles. The place was different as well, while he was thankful there was no snow this far due to current season since he didn't wear the right shoes, the last thing he expected was a small cottage like home built not to far from the tree they use to met at. He smiled to himself, remembering how Akasha swore to build a home there one day. T'Challa approached her slowly careful not to start over he examined her. A lot can change about a person in a year, let alone a decade and while she looked the same she also looked very different.

Her hair was the same coiled gray he remembered, having gotten much longer. Face adorned with painted tribal art he admired that too; the various marks symbolizing beauty, strength, warrior. She even had her septum pierced and he prayed it merely meant she was of age to marry rather than already spoken for and off the market. As he got closer and closer he continued to drink her in. Akasha's beauty was indescribable, and he found himself wanted to reach out and feel her chocolate skin beneath his fingers tips wondering if it was as smooth as it looked.

Consumed by his own thoughts, he was slightly startled when her eyes popped open.

"Prince T'Challa, why did you come?"

Her eyes were a stormy white, as if her natural brown iris's were clouded over. It surprised T'Challa a bit since he had never seen her like that before, but it only in enhanced her beauty. She was truly one of Bast most beautiful creations.