First Photograph(chapter 3)

Dr. Radhakrishna carefully loaded the programs and rechecked the C.P.U. status of Chandrayaan 2 as the rover was getting ready to get on the dark side of the moon. The Apollo X Lunar Probe was stationed at a lower orbit on the equator of the lunar landscape. Few minutes were still left in connecting the moon rover with the satellite .All this job was performed in ISRO Lab, Bengaluru, India.

After a few minutes the screen flashed with a green light yelling 'Connection Established'. "Well now I think it's time to send the rover on the mission" said Dr. Sharma. "But sir-"Mr. Sham was interrupted by Dr. Sharma, who was incharge of the mission. "Yes yes I know" said Dr. Sharma.

Dr. Sharma gets on the central stage and directs the team, "well gentlemen it is the hour we were waiting for, now it is the time that the world needs our help, we need to hold the honour of the Tricolour high. The world is looking towards India. Remember it can take a few seconds for our lunar module to get destroyed, as was the case in Russian Satellite, we have to as close as possible and continue clicking pictures once we get into the sphere of influence of the Signal Source. Any doubts? Fine then we shall proceed on our mission. Jai Hind."

The rover had to take nearly 4 hours to reach the mysterious spot. Once it reached the spot Dr. Sharma cautioned every scientist and reminded them of their mission.

Dr. Radhakrishna:(exclaimed) Sir the moon rover isn't responding.

Dr. Sharma: What!!??

Dr. Radhakrishna: But sir the visuals and communication set-up is functioning normally.

Dr. Sham: But sir it's impossible!!we loaded the new program today morning and checked it multiple times, it shouldn't have any problem.

Dr. Sharma: Yes I know, try disconnecting the terminal network and reconnect it.

Dr. Radhakrishna: Yes sir, but what about the main network?

Dr. Sharma: Keep it activated, normally.

Dr. Sharma approached Dr. Nair, who was incharge of the visuals and sensor module.

Dr. Sharma:Dr Nair!!What about th-

Dr. Nair: Yes sir the visuals and sensors are working properly.

Dr. Radhakrishna: Sir, I have reconnected the network but there but still it isn't responding.

Dr. Sharma: Hmmmm, then we must contact NASA, tell them to recheck their satellite system connectivity and discover range.

After half an hour, officials from NASA reported that everything was working well on their side and there was no problem in their satellite.

Dr. Sharma: The world is doubting our technology, no, no! we have to remind ourselves we are the best space tech agency ever. Come on, we, we have to go for that step..Dr. Radhakrishna!

Dr. Radhakrishna: Yes sir, what?

Dr. Sharma: Turn off the whole system including the visuals sensors communication module receptor and the mechanic.

Dr. Sham and Dr. Radhakrishna:(together)Bur sir!!

Dr. Sharma:Just do it, now!!

The whole system was turned off and restarted again.

Dr. Radhakrishna:Sir the reboot failed

Dr. Sharma:Keep retrying.

AFTER FIVE MINUTES

Dr. Radhakrisna: Sir!! it restarted. Everything is functioning normally.

Dr. Sharma:Yes!!!!

Dr. Radhakrishna: But sir, there is a strange message displaying on the screen. It says Network 'ADAA0/0056/B21A disconnected.

Dr. Sharma: As far as I remember we were not connected to any such kind of network.

Dr. Radhakrishna: I guess sir it is the same unknow network from the mysterious spot.

Dr. Sham: Sir I guess, it was a security authentication networking that was tampling with our rover system.

Dr. Sharma: Maybe.

Dr. Radhakrishna: But sir for that someone must control it from, from the, mys, spot.

Dr. Sharma: Probably, I don't know.

Dr. Sham: Sir here's another message our rover received. It says uh..'0111029291010/020200'.

Dr. Sharma: Now it is verified that it is same unknown signal.

Dr. Radhakrishna:(thinking) Strange!!

Dr. Sharma:We should continue on our mission.

AFTER A FEW MINUTES

Dr. Sham: Sir we are close to the structure.

(Everybody could see a hazy picture on the visual screen).

Dr. Sharma: Good. Set the photograph visuals on automatic mode. It should-

Dr. Radhakrishna: Sir!! the signal is again tampering with our rover system.

Dr. Sharma: Quick, take as many photographs as we can.

Before anyone could understand what happened the visuals went off and the communication link between the rover system and ISRO lab broke.

Dr. Sharma: What happened!!??

Dr. Radhakrishna: Sir I think we lost the our control-

Dr. Sham: We lost the game.

Before Dr. Sharma could respond the main mission control screen flashed with the following messages:

E0001:Network failure detected.
E0203:System damage detected.
E4000:CPU malfunction detected.
E0055:Communication disrupted.

Dr. Sharma: No no!! it can't happen.

Just then an employee and technician responded, "Sir, the rover camera managed to take one photo. It's loading in the server."

Dr. Sharma: Download it immediately.

The employee nodded.

Everyone waited for the download to complete. The situation became tense when the download bar showed 99%.

Just then photograph appeared on the screen.

Everyone was horrified when they saw the screen

Everyone was horrified when they saw the screen. They immediately decided to report to UNSC.